A Bit of Sun and Dreams: Linen and Silk Clothes by the French Designers Cecile Guedj and Fabrice Broquerie

Fashion appeared in my life quite unexpectedly for me. Well, that was totally unpredictable, which resulted in a number of publications. First, I remembered the youth and fashion in the Soviet Union. I don't say that I am not interested in the modern fashion at all, but I love and usually wear the classics. I accidentally found interesting and modern clothes you would love to add to your closet.

Further thoughts on fashion continued. And yesterday, fashion came after me and taken me out completely. The so-called control shot to the head. Yesterday I, again, accidentally, found my dream which I hadn't before. I couldn't even imagine it!

I can't help but share my dream with you, although it is not for the current season. I think a bit of sun and dreams is great for winter.

These things surprised me with their integrity and originality. I don't really like ruches, ruffles, shiny fabrics, I wear to work mostly classics, but I am very fond of loose comfortable clothing, which does not necessarily require sucking in and wearing heels.

Before meeting with these ornaments I wasn't generally fond of jewelry, and I was quite indifferent to gold. And here are unusual and original pieces of jewelry, which create beautiful ensembles with clothes.

Of course I got interested who the creator of all this beauty was. It turned out, there are two of them.

Cecile Guedj is a self-taught artist, jeweler, sculptor. The first collection of his ethnic jewelry was created in 1987.

Cecile says: "I am a visual self-taught, for 20 years I have explored several ways simultaneously: paintings, letters, objects, jewelry, temporary structures. The goal is to meet, enrich and express with instinctive practice of open plan, different directions, and weaves. Primitive and modern, rooted in human feelings from antiquity — this is a versatile work, giving me mysterious, incomprehensible impulses to study nature. The formula came spontaneously, when you win you must honestly talk about yourself... This growing practice, which has spread far beyond the workshop, to become a thing in my life, a pearl immediately occupies a central important role."

Fabrice Broquerie — a self-taught designer and programmer/analyst. He worked for the France Telecom computer company, but the love for travel won. One day Fabrice took for computer studies and created a small collection of wild silk with the technical help of a friend — a seamstress. Wild silk was acquired in the hinterland on the other side of the world from small producers who still weave on old looms made of wood. It was a way to continue travelling. Familiarity with the Cecil has led to a desire to deepen their knowledge in sewing, and to understand, accept and appreciate their boundless creativity.

Cecil and Fabrice are connected by the love for travel and Amaltee. They do not follow fashion, but create their own fashion, based on some style and color. They define their style as "modern ethnic, multi-ethnic and urban". Now this is my style too. I'm very glad that these two self-taughts met and created a wonderful fashion for me and maybe for other women.

Thanks to those who have viewed to the end.