How to Make a Christmas Headband with Deer Horns

Today I want to show you how to make cute little deer horns for a Christmas look or a themed photo shoot. I apologize in advance for the quality of the photos.
This way you can make horns of absolutely any color and size. And they can be decorated with any flowers, berries, twigs and so on.
Step 1. What we need:
1. A hair band.
2. Dense felt. (gray or brown)
3. Fur. (I have natural fur)
4. Aluminum wire. It is very light and will not make the headband heavier.
5. Narrow ribbon. (in the photo I have wide ribbon, but it did not fit and I replaced it)
6. A newspaper and white glue for papier-mache.
7. Paper tape.
8. A glue gun.
9. Acrylic paint. I took brown, black, beige and white paints.
10. For decoration I took Christmas bunches of sprigs.

Step 2. I made a mistake and started to make the ears first. (I took this steps into consideration while making the second headband) But I advise you to start with the horns.
Cut out of paper a blank template for our ears. The size and the shape can be various) For example, young fawns have big and funny ears, and big deer have smaller ears.
Cut ears out of felt. Like this.

Step 3. Shape each ear. Make pleats at the edges and stitch with a needle.

That's what you should get. They look like ears :)

Step 4. Now we need to "revive" ears with fur. Cut two pieces from the reverse side and insert them between the pleats. Put them inside... Like this.

Step 5. I glued with hot glue to the headband, but again I would like to mention that it is better to do it later. I can't wait and put them like this :) But it came out cute :) Almost a deer...

Step 6. Start making the horns! To do this, take wire and twist it around the headband.

And then begin to twist the horns.

Not to be mistaken with the shape you can first draw them or look at the pictures from the Internet.
Here are the horns I've got. If you haven't glued the ears, you can take them off and finish apart from the headband.

Step 7. To make some volume wrap the horns with pieces of paper tape...

Step 8. Now it is the turn of papier-mache. Cut a newspaper into thin strips, dip in glue and shape the horns. You can also add some texture with the help of glue and paper :)

Step 9. After drying of all the layers you need to paint the horns in the right color. Take a brush and paints! Your inner artist will do the trick :) If it's really bad, paint the horns in a single color and admire :)

Step 10. If the ears have not been glued yet, it is safe to glue them in their place :) I already have the horns and the ears, so I start to decorate the headband with twigs.

I broke down a Christmas bouquet into separate branches and made a composition which I liked.
Try this beauty on the headband and glue with hot glue. Like this.

Step 11. You are almost there! Neatly wrap the headband with thin ribbon, do not forget to glue the ribbon to the headband at each circle. If you want you can shower the headband with glitter or confetti :)

That's all. The cute fawn is ready :) I also decorated the baby dress with fur and a homemade brooch in the same style. And I got a cute outfit for New Year :)

Thank you all for your attention, I hope you liked it :) Good luck in making your fawns!