Denim Inspiration: 55 Stylish Outfits by Famous Designers

Collecting this second album as a continuation of the theme, for the hundredth time I caught myself thinking — denim appeared in this world not by accident!

What fabric can inspire designers and become from season to season a coat, a dress, a bag, shoes for so many years ? Everyday pants and formal dresses are made of it. And it let us sew and resew it, tear, embroider, paint, glue, smear, rivet, perforate and poison it. And it remains forever loved and forever young.

It seems that people have tried everything. But each new modern generation falls in love with jeans, launches a new range of experiments with it, studies old methods and adds new technologies which are not long in coming. There is laser, a 3D printer, and jeans remain forever young and perky. Hundreds of factories around the world sew and sew jeans, and we wear them. They are narrow, then wide. Washed, then distressed. And then we throw them away or recycle. Custom clothes have become a fashionable trend in recent years, and jeans are actively used in this.

Sometimes you just want to open an album with photos and look through them, and suddenly a new idea forces you to take tools, a piece of material and get to work! And it's time to turn your old jeans into a masterpiece of design ideas!

This part of the album contains stuff by the known brands of recent years and the past.

In the process of preparing the album I found photos from the vaults of one of the museums in the United States, which has stored denim clothes since the 1960s.

And looking at them now, it is difficult to determine when they were made, they "sound" so modern though these dresses and coats are from the last century. On a separate sheet a few photos from the museum's collection are presented. Later, during the selection of the material I found a skirt by Valentino from the collection of 2017, and only lazy people do not see in them parallels with the 1960s and forward into the future of 2017. Fashion is cyclical, and it is quite acceptable. After all, we often look for inspiration in the past.

And only a tiny part of the topic is clothes in the denim style. Designers use prints and textures creating the illusion of denim clothes. "Denim" leggings has become common, almost like tights. And prints or fabrics by colors and gradients look like worn jeans — this is another direction in fashion. Silk blouses or dresses that imitate denim are common. Thanks to printing capabilities which are so great!

Another round of fashion gives us a chance to look back and to boldly move forward. I wish that happened to you all!

Pleasant viewing and creative inspiration!

The photos from the MET Museum (New York) exposition of the 1960s. In my opinion, they are still relevant. The cuts and the processing of fabric. I think this is a stone wash technique.

In the next photo (below) to the left there is the skirt of the MET (New York) exposition of the 1960s, the skirt to the right is from the collection by Valentino 2017. (Appliques)

Below are the photos collected from modern collections of different years, including the 2017 season.

Denim imitating items with prints or gradient.