Life in 3D Space

Writing a publication for our Livemaster is always fun. You see that they are read and discussed, there is an interest. And from the comments to the previous publication this publication was born. Because there is a lot of questions, ideas, dreams, wishes.

As you know, dreams are simply obliged at least sometimes to come true. Especially because we live in the 21st century, when technology is far ahead of the ability of thinking about it. Recently I've read a quote that today there is so much information that humanity simply can not "digest" it all. A paradox, but it's a fact.

Back to the dreams. The dreams of seeing not dull high-rise buildings, gloomy gray sky and the neighbor's fence from the window, but to the dreams about "beautiful pictures", which rejoice the eye and the soul.

Moreover, it is really possible. Do you remember when you first saw the movie in 3D? Yeah! The feeling that you go inside the movie alongside with the heroes. When you want to stop a bullet or an arrow on the fly and you're gonna do it!

Today, these technologies are already an integral part of our lives. Do you remember when you first saw 3D floor, very unusual photos, when you crossed a bridge over a river (and all this is pictured on the floor, a flat picture) and unreality, a complete misunderstanding of how this is possible. The floor on which you can walk without any irregularities. And the desire to kick all these autumn leaves! That is a children's surprise and delight.

It was a long time ago, 10 years ago. And now you understand that the picture was not perfect from the point of execution. The technology of 3D interiors have escaped far forward. And a regular person can afford it. It's not cheap, but you have to pay for fun, as they say.

Well, let's return to our houses. See what you can do in a ... in any room.

Even with such minimalism, not using all the wall, you can make a very lively interior.

And placing such pictures on two or three walls, you will find yourself in a real fairy tale.

Ceilings can also take an active part in creating the atmosphere of comfort.

However, there is another crucial role played by the ceiling lighting that can only be done at a certain height of the walls, for such a ceiling will take a lot of space in the room.

You say that it's not 3D, but two-dimensional paintings. And you will be... wrong. Many people remember photo paper on the walls, printed in the best traditions of the beginning of the era of color printing. It's the ones where the pictures were off in color and instead of the entire image you saw large colored circles (for kids who studied all the charm of those wallpaper lying on a couch in the living room).

Modern pictures are very realistic, they are printed on such materials and in such ways that they look not just natural. You can pass a texture to the touch and tree bark or moss will be bark and moss under your toes. You want to go inside such paintings.

Many artists and designers work on creation of 3D space in interior and exterior. Once in Sochi I saw how the artist was decorating local cafés, elaborately creating stones, trees, grass from usual construction foam and rope. I think all this was then painted and looked very attractive for visitors. Moscow residents remember the "Cheese" restaurant with an unusual interior which created the impression that people had got inside of the product. But they are places where attendance depends on the uniqueness of interior.

In residential premises designers have to use the flatness of walls, floor, ceiling, windows and door openings. That's why they created this optical illusion. Do you remember: "Oh, it takes little to deceive me. I cannot wait to be deceived!"

A 3-dimensional effect is precisely "a little deception". See for yourself.

It looks unreal. And I can't believe that it is a flat picture. Yes, quite flat, which is taken to mounting in a roll.

And it must be very funny to go to the bathroom, stepping on pebbles.

And how do you like this kitchen?

Or here is the place for a summer vacation? The technology of 3D image is used here too.

You do not have to pour so much water to feel like you are in a pool. There are interiors, with special sound and light systems that simulate sounds, change lighting, and even spread odors. Do you want to the sea? No problem — sit down on a couch and open your eyes. Enjoy the sound of waves, the cries of seagulls and the smell of seaweed. Do you miss wild flowers? And here is the grass bending in a breeze, the voices of birds and the smell of freshly cut hay. Fiction? No, that's just reality.

There are disadvantages in such pictures. Of course, it's not about their cost. You can get bored of the same view. Moreover, the 3D images are constantly being improved. And what can amaze you today, tomorrow will be obsolete.

I remember that in the beginning of the 2000s I had to make the interior design of a restaurant. Earlier it was a Soviet-built store and a very irregular from the point of view of architecture planning. The problem was in the location of the load-bearing beams, which increased the height near the walls and the centre was decreased. It was unreal to demolish them, they would have to demolish 2 storeys of the building. The result of many sketches and sleepless long nights was a design, which has been popular many years later. There were no such modern equipment, no materials or possibilities. But there were very beautiful photographs, which made it possible to make a zoning of the space and expand it visually through panoramas inserted in the windows.

So sometimes an "optical illusion" is fruitful. And dreams can become a reality.