Do You Love Jute Twine Like I Do? Amazing Works by Vera Pushina

What is jute twine? You would say it is just a rope, and you will be right.
It is used in agriculture, banks, for postal parcels and food products wrapping.
Of course, many artisans use twine for decorating their products, especially in the eco-style. But I was really shocked when I saw the works by Vera Pushina.

The talented artist Vera Pushina makes amazing things of it: lampshades, boxes, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, panels and even watches!

Vera Pushina graduated form the Kungursky branch of FGBOU VPO MGHPA of S. G. Stroganov as a jeweler, and she took up jute weaving not so long ago. Her first work in the new technique was made in 2012. This technique is called jute filigree.
This is an art of making incredibly beautiful jewelry and decor items of jute and glue.
One of the stages of classic metal filigree is in the basis of her works. Jute rope is similar in appearance to metal filigree, but it is larger. In combination with glue jute acquires such rigidity that large items do not deform and retain their appearance over the years. A large openwork is in full view in close proximity and at a distance. This is an excellent material for creative work, which you can buy at any hardware store.

Let's take a look at this beauty.

This is such an amazing technique of such an amazing master.

Jute twine is a surprisingly plastic, warm and soulful material.
You can make amazing toys, weave macrame, knit wonderful rugs of it.
Maybe my story will help someone to get a new angle on it.