How to Make a 'Ripe Pear' Brooch

I want to share with you photos of the process of creating the "Ripe Pear" brooch.
This small tutorial is for those who already creates such jewelry. Anyone who has a little experience of embroidering with beads, knows basic techniques, knows the names of materials and tools.
I do not offer you to copy the brooch! I offer you an idea. The more imagination you use in your embroidery, the more interesting and original the jewelry will be!

So, let's begin.
I used:

• green and yellow felt;
  • monofilament;
  • Indian green gold therad and hard cannetille of golden color;
  • Swarovski pearls, Czech beads, Japanese seed beads, Czech two-cut beads, Czech seed beads;
  • glass and crystal rhinestones of green and yellow color, rhinestone chain — 2 mm;
  • superglue;
  • genuine leather;
  • cardboard;
  • a brooch pin;
  • a hoop, organza, scissors.

I drew this fancy pear. I transfered the pattern on the felt.

On the hoop there is ordinary organza. I attach the felt with the pattern using basting stitches. The fruit (the yellow part of the pear) is basted to the green felt with a monofilament. The stitches must not be seen.

I use monofilament to carefully sew the hard cannetille to the contour of the pattern. I stretch and bend the cannetille a little.
You can use you wildest fantasies and the most unusual curls here!

Sew the rhinestone chain to the contour of the leaves at your discretion. Stitch each rhinestone! Sew green rhinestones on the leaves, yellow rhinestones to the base of the fruit. Black — a bit below the center, they simulate the seeds of the pear.

Start to fill the inner space of the pear. Usually, I put all materials of matching color and begin to "try on". If I like the way that a bead lies I sew it on.
I put Czech beads in the shape of hearts around the "seeds". They are translucent, look like candies. Very appetizing! Perfect for ripe and juicy pear :)
Next put faceted beads and Japanese Miyuki Drops seed beads. I love these beads and often use them. They look like a drop on a leg.

Sew Swarovski pearls, faceted beads and seed beads to the contour of the fruit. The leaf is filled with green gold thread. I cut it into suitable length sections in advance. I have special scissors for cannetille and gold thread! I cut only them with these scissors. Gold thread is quite "gentle" faceted wire. It is better to sew it with monofilament or very "smooth" threads. The cut tips of gold thread shouldn't cling to the thread.

Continue to fill the leaves with gold thread and green two-cut beads.

The stalk of the pear is filled with light brown drops and dark yellow seed beads.

Continue to fill the pear with beads and seed beads.
Czech faceted two-cut beads matched perfectly. They are yellow, translucent. They shimmer in the sunlight!

You can see how and where everything's sewn in the large photos :)

When the embroidery is completely finished, I cut it with sharp little scissors. Prepare cardboard and leather using the first pattern of the brooch. The cardboard part should be 1–1. 5 mm smaller than the pattern. The leather part — 1–1.5 mm bigger than the pattern.

Carefully smear with superglue or gel glue the reverse side of the brooch. Apply the cardboard. The cardboard can be replaced with thin and dense plastic. It is desirable that a cardboard or plastic base has a neutral color (white or transparent). After applying glue the dyes can "run" unpleasantly.

The leather part is attached with a brooch pin. It is important that the pin is correctly positioned and "holds" the brooch. Each artist experiments and finds the best options of this. There may be several pins on the brooch.
Well, if the lock of the pin has a protective mechanism, it will not open spontaneously.

Next, I smear with glue the cardboard and apply the leather part. I sew seed beads to the edge with a thicker monofilament. I change the color of the seed beads. I sew green seed beads to the leaves, yellow — to the fruit, brown — to the stalk and to the place of flower.

This is how I make it :) Of course, you can make it different.

I hope somebody can use this mini tutorial. Maybe you will get inspired and create something a thousand times more beautiful and unique! I wish you creative success and inspiration!

Do not skimp on likes! I would be very grateful for your every vote!
Please write if this tutorial is useful; do you need more? Support me, if you don't mind!

Thanks to all who are not indifferent!
Always yours,
Elena Krappi.