Magnolia Pearl or American Boho — Ruthless and Merciless
  • Category: Fashion, Style & Trends
  • Practices: Sewing

All those who are zealous for the purity of boho — come here. Here it is — the absolute triumph of freedom, extravagance, neglect of public opinion and creative expression!

Meet with the American brand Magnоlia Pearl.

The relaxing heat of Texas, the Amish tradition, caravans of immigrants coming from the East to the West in search of a better life — all this is written in the DNA of the brand.

I imagine these outfits in our "severe Chelyabinsk" reality in Russia, but the brand has a commercial success! There are stores worldwide (and there is one secret address in Russia), there are several shops even in the capital of high fashion — Paris , not to mention New Zealand.

"If the stars are lit..." By the way, in the online store, the cost of one thing is from 250 to 450 dollars. For me, the clothing of this type is nothing more than an art object. From all presented clothes on the website of the brand I would have chosen a couple of pieces for ensemble with more relaxed trousers-skirts-jackets-cardigans.

It will be interesting to read the "I would wear — I wouldn't wear" comments. I think it will be as a litmus test. So, let's start with the flagship store of Magnolia Pearl in the small town of Fredericksburg, Texas, USA.

Magnolia Pearl is more than just a clothing store. It is an art space where there is no place for random things. The building of the store is built on the samples of old barns for grain of old (not antique!) wood, which were collected in all parts of the country. Among the designer's finds there is a manual platform lift, which was used in the late 1800s in an old cotton mill. The columns and beams were cut out manually by the farmers and Amish artisans over a century ago and they are stronger than most modern materials.

Of course, in such an unusual room there is no place for standards and rationality. And the things sold here are very extraordinary. And girls who wear these clothes, are not like everyone else. They are special!

They are most likely artists... seeing the world not like the others...

Or poets, composing their verses under a canopy of trees...

Maybe they do music? Anxious violinists and harpists trying to keep harmony at the tips of their thin and brittle fingers...

No, no! It is not so! I got it! They are clowns! A sort of modern Colombinas — girlfriends of sad Pierrot.

No, they are just girls... these girls... rising from embroidered sheets with a slightly disheveled braid, and spending their day in contemplation of nature, leisurely drinking tea on a sunny veranda and constantly thinking about the impermanence of life...

But sometimes all these bucolics become so boring! And even a hayloft under the open sky begins to seem a cramped cage for singing birds!

And then our girl which is extraordinary in all respects hastily takes her vintage suitcase (there's a scrap of old lace, dried violets and a cute notepad. But what else should a traveler take?) and goes along with the same crazy unusual friends on a long journey... the road is long...

Slim batiste, delicate embroidery and cute shoes yield to canvas, harsh linen, old jeans and rough shoes.

The image of a little squaw is no worse than the image of a forest nymph.

At rest...

Inconveniences do not count, because a world that fell like a ripe apple to their slender restless feet is waiting for them!

Closer look at some textures.

I thought why there is so much irony in the text? Maybe it is envy for freedom in all respects? Maybe because I know I will NEVER do that... Alas.

Unfortunately...

I wish you all happiness and freedom!

I hope you found it interesting.