Lim Eun-Hee and Her «Bad Flower Garden»

I want to introduce you to amazing works by the artist Lim Eun-Hee from South Korea. I think that her situation is familiar to many artisans. Lim Eun-Hee spent years studying painting and art, she painted her paintings, but after she got married, she had to abandon the idea to rent a studio for painting. The artist wanted to devote maximum time and effort to her family, so she was forced to work only at home, leading a household and raising children. The house became her studio. It is very difficult to combine household and family work. You have to find the time and place for painting. Lim Eun-Hee laughs at her improvised workshop: it is difficult to be both a housewife and an artist.

As a rule, Lim Eun-Hee paints in the evenings. She's in the living room, she puts a subframe with a painting she have started to paint on a low table, and she sits on the floor and gets to work. For mixing of paints she uses a yogurt jar, which she considers convenient and economical. By 2 am, because of constant squats and work in a bent condition, her legs, shoulders, neck and arms ache. And she has to get up at 6-7 am and proceed to daily household cares!

And despite all these difficulties, her paintings are very unusual, bright and beautiful. The series of paintings "Bad Flower Garden" is the most popular. She began this series in 2007 and tried using it to express love to her daughter, whose temper became poor during the teen years and the relationship between the mother and the daughter became very difficult. Girl gone bad, but she is very beautiful and hence the name of this series of paintings has born. The artist wanted to convey the idea that, if there is an object that is bad, it is impossible to hate it, as it is its understanding of life, which is painful and, ultimately, beautiful. Almost all her paintings in this series depict a girl, flowers and a house. They show how the daughter of the artist grows.
I offer you to take a look at these pictures.

Unfortunately there is little information about Lim Eun-Hee. I hope I managed to turn you onto her works!