Photographer Built a Village for Mice

Once the photographer Simon Dell found a mouse in his garden. But instead of setting traps or trying to kick the animal, the man decided... to build a miniature house for a new tenant.

"I knew immediately that this mouse is a real star," says Dell. "I brought it some nuts from the house and just a few minutes later it ran up to me for treats. The mouse had a torn ear. I wanted to create a little refuge, a safe place for it."

Without procrastinating, Simon set to work: he put a few logs and made a wire fence. After a few days it became clear that the mouse felt good — and even began to run up for new treats. Soon the mice family grew: the George's relatives also moved to the garden of the photographer.

"It took me less than an hour to build the first version of the mouse. But then there were more animals and I had to make adjustments. I added a few rooms, each of which had 2-3 entries and exits so that the mice could escape if necessary. It took off from there. I warmed the houses during the cold weather," says Simon. "And as a photographer, I wanted to make the holes beautiful, so I used my imagination."

And he did it! The mouse started to live in the garden of the photographer, "paying the rent" by fearless posing. I offer you to admire these adorable shots with me :)

Like, add this publication to your favorites and share your impressions in comments! :)