DIY Fabric Rose

Recently my friend has taught me how to make roses of fabric. And since I have a lot of scraps of voile in different colors, I had the idea to use them so that not to loose them in vain.

Voile is just the most pleasant material for making such roses. Although to make this flower you can use any fabric or ribbon. Thus it is possible to dispose of the accumulated scraps. The amount of fabric for roses depends on the desired size of a flower.

What do you need to prepare? Just a few things:

• fabric (I have voile);
  • thread matching the color of the fabric;
  • a needle;
  • scissors;
  • a ruler;
  • an iron.

I decided to make a green rose. Why? Answer: I just need green roses to make a garland for our kindergarten. These green flowers will represent the green of a Christmas tree.

Let's get started.

1. Cut (or rather tear, voile is easily, quickly and smoothly torn) the fabric into strips with a width of 7-8 cm. The length can be different, it depends on the desired diameter of roses. The larger the desired flower is, the longer should be the strip. In this case, the strips can simply be sewed. The length of my strips is about 2 meters.
  • Iron the fabric to remove twists after tearing.
  • Fold the fabric in half. Begin to make folds. The depth of folds is equal to the height of the fabric to make a folded square.

Bend the bottom corner and sew along the top raw edge.

You can stitch by hand or on a sewing machine (to speed up the manufacturing process). Make folds to the end of the strip. The strip is three times shorter and has a length of about 60 cm.

4. Begin to roll the ribbon placing the folds on the outside.

I secure the coils by stitching with a needle through the raw edge. The openness of the rose depends on the density of winding. To make a more lush and open rose, you need to cut the roll loose and cinch the side rows.

5. Gently fold the edge of the strip and sew so that it is not visible.

That's all, the rose is ready.

You can roll practically any diameter. You can use these flowers for making brooches, headbands, to decorate bags, dresses, whatever.

Everything depends on your imagination. I decorated a bag for my granddaughter with one huge rose.

I used these flowers for making interior wreaths. So I made these green roses to imitate greenery for Christmas wreaths.

I wish you creative success. Decorate your life with roses!