How to Make Mouth Rinse

Today we will make simple refreshing mouth rinse.

We will need:

1. Aloe hydrolate (you can use simple distilled water) — 100 ml.

2. Propolis aqueous solution — 20 ml.

3. Peppermint oil — 15 drops (you can replace it with essential oil of cedar, fir or any other oil).

4. Propolis tincture 10% — 5 drops.

5. Utensils for mixing the ingredients and utensils for storing the rinse.

For mixing the ingredients I took a measuring cup, for all liquids I use measuring cylinders. All utensils need to be sanitized. I disinfect all my glassware in an autoclave, I process plastic utensils with 70% medical alcohol.

1. Measure out 100 ml of aloe hydrolate or distilled water.

2. Add 20 ml of propolis aqueous solution to the aloe hydrolate.

Propolis aqueous solution is a little bit cloudy liquid with a strong aroma of propolis that is prepared in a water bath of bee propolis.

Mix the liquids (shake).

3. Add 15 drops of peppermint oil to the solution.

You can add more peppermint oil but I personally do not like the mint flavor, its essential oil, let alone the extracts. So I add mint as less possible (and sometimes I do not add it at all). It is individual.

Mix (shake) the resulting solution.

4. Add 5 drops of 10% alcohol tincture of propolis.

After the addition of the tincture of propolis the liquid became opaque and milky.

Our mouth rinse is ready.

You can pour it into any suitable container and store in a cupboard in a bathroom. It can be stored for a long time, it does not require storage in a cool place. I even take it with me to work in a small vial.

Thank you for your attention. This is my first tutorial, so I apologize in advance if something is wrong!