Christmas Ball Decoration in the Technique of Fluid Art. Marbled Ornament

The anticipation of the holiday creates a festive mood. And to create a festive atmosphere entirely enveloping us even before New Year and Christmas, I offer you to make some magic on a Christmas home decor — a Christmas ball.

For decorating Christmas balls you will need:

• water-dispersion paint or white acrylic art primer;
  • water-dispersion colorants-paints (color paste) or acrylic art paints;
  • plastic Christmas balls;
  • pigments (metal, gold powder);
  • plastic cups, spoons, and a plate;
  • paper towels or a cleaning cloth;
  • a hairdryer;
  • aerosol acrylic lacquer for metal, wood, plastic;
  • a respirator.

Before you start mixing colors, carefully consider the color palette for your balls. I advise not to use more than 2–3 colors. Pick up those color schemes that are appropriate for your decor and your beauty tree. When the colors are chosen, the magic begins! Pouring paint into a glass and adding a little water, you dissolve in the process of mixing. It is important that the paint body is not very liquid or thick. For example, it should be like 20–33% cream — delicious, right? Take your time with this process, stir well all the paint from the bottom of the glass, especially if you mix two colors in one glass, the paint must be thoroughly mixed.

An important point is that white paint should be mixed mandatory, as it forms the basis for other colors.

So, first pour white paint on a ball — this is our foundation.

Then, without waiting for the white paint to drain, pour the following mixed paint.

Rotate the ball in your hand, creating beautiful stains. Have fun watching the process!

When the main paint is off the ball, and the rest smoothly flows over the ball, creating intricate patterns, you can start dusting it with pigments.

For quick drying of the ball, use a hairdryer.

When the ball is dry, you need to consolidate our work with an aerosol lacquer. For respiratory protection you must wear a respirator. Lacquer dries quickly, so wait for the complete drying of the toy, not letting it out of hand.

The ball is ready. I hold this "Boundless Universe" in my hands. Hope you liked the tutorial, thank you for your attention.... and... yes... don't hesitate to "like" and "heart", because this is my first DIY :)