Computer Chair Restoration

Today I want to share with you the story about how I restored my desk chair. I used denim scraps. I sewed using patterns in the English technique called "Passacaglia".
A year ago I already used this technique and made hot pads.I made eight pieces of napkins-coasters at once and the work seemed to me so tedious that I did not want to return to it for a long time.

But, life goes on and things change, memory erases difficult moments, leaving only good memories and it pleases. Although the work is no less laborious and I couldn't automate anything (the process remains the same), I once again decided to apply in my practice the proven technique, but to implement it in upholstery, on a larger scale than hot pads.
All the details, I counted about 270 pieces, were connected manually, I prepared the templates in advance.

I pinned the paper templates and fabric together, and then, with tucked allowances, fixed them with a thread.

I ironed each element and started to form a pattern, combining the details manually.

So, this is the top of the seat of the chair.

Then I quilted and embroidered banknotes emblems. Now I'm literally sitting on money!

I wrapped with this billet the seat of the chair, which I removed in advance.

The next step is tuning of a back seat.

I also quilted this top, I pre-assembled a sandwich from the top, holofiber and cotton fabric.

I didn't remove the back of the chair, just wrapped it and sewed on top, using a knife to tuck the cover under the plastic case and hide the excess fabric inside.

This photo I made for comparison: my chair before and after.

I was in such a hurry to see the result of my work, that I did not notice how two weeks passed by and now I have an updated chair.
At first glance it seems that the work is dreary and difficult and you can't do that, but I assure you, it is only at first glance, I pulled myself up for long time and finally did it. And I've already planned new projects in this technique! Yes, it is a hard work but it's worth it. The first step is the hardest! What do you think?

Thank you for your attention! I wish you good luck and creative inspiration!