10 Reasons to Do Crafts

Needlework — for some people it is a meaning of life and decent wages, and for others it is just a hobby. Why women at all times have been occupied by manual labor?

So:

The first. It's soulful! Needlework calms and distracts from external irritants. It is a kind of meditation, a symbol of peace and order in a head. It is a method to distract from noise and get a lot of positive emotions. The constant flowing movement allows you to focus and organize the flow of thoughts, making you gentle, sweet! By crafting a woman becomes more feminine. Connecting with nature we improve our hormonal balance. Repetitive motion affects heart rhythm, muscles and general nervous system. Needlework is a great antidepressant. 10 rules for craftswomen will help you to organize the workflow without detriment to your family!

The second. Gifts for your dear and loved ones are the part transferred by love and attention. Many years later you will remember how they were made and how you were looking for material as you wanted to surprise your loved one. In response, the donee will know that you tried hard for them, not just went and bought something in the nearest store.

The third. You can teach your skills your children, grandchildren — pass your knowledge and skills, as it was with me in my childhood — from a grandmother to a granddaughter. This is a great way to make your child diligent, learn to work a bit and distract from gadgets! I agree that there is a lot of tutorials, but believe me, not every artisan is ready to tell you all the secrets! Every job is different, so be creative.

The fourth. A handmade product is exclusive, only you will have it and in a single instance. You always want to have something that will delight you and surprise others, thus creating the demand for your products! Don't forget that the most famous personality Coco Chanel began her success story with manufacture of children's and women's clothing and at that time nobody knew her. Only Chanel believed in herself and wore her clothes.

The fifth. This is a reason to be proud of yourself. Maybe not immediately, but over time your family and friends will hold you as an example and tell you about your talent, consequently raising your self-esteem. When you are loved and praised it is very useful for health! :)

The sixth. To leave a mark in history, to become a rarity! Just imagine that in 100 years your works will be examined in museums of applied art, people will admire the talent of their ancestors. And what if your great-grandchildren will create a personal museum with author items, entries in your notebooks, mannequins and pictures you once made and left to be stored in the cloud? :) What then? Personally, when I think about it, I am torn with vanity...

The seventh. It is profitable, not in many cases, but it is quite real to make a decent amount of money by unit sales. You can also make money on contests, which are often held by other artisans, in parallel advertising their handmade products. Thus, obtaining pleasure and opportunity you can meet an artist live.

The eighth. Using needlework you never stop learning, that makes you and your works unique. You can afford to leave the limits of the ordinary, to create something new and original, each time realizing that this is not the limit. Thinking up new ideas, you gradually develop your taste and sense of style.

The ninth. Doing crafts, you gradually find your friends and your social circle expands, so there are like-minded people whom you can consult or exchange ideas with. You can arrange a barter, which is also nice, you can not be able to do everything at once! For example, I don't know how to work with wood, but I am very good at knitting, I can find an artisan who in return for their wonderful custom table will get my free author's product. It is a great way to fulfill your marketer potential. By the way, it is also a reason why you need to do crafts!

The tenth. Needlework helps to save family budget. It's great when a dad can.. and a mom sews and knits for the whole family. Everybody is satisfied and happy, clothes are made with good fit, of nice fabric and they are not like the clothes of other people. And you can also save on Christmas costumes for kids! To buy a good suit in a store is very expensive, and it is much more profitable and interesting to make it by yourself! Your family relationships, especially with children, will be warmer and brighter!

Needlework has at least 10 advantages, but still, many people try to discover it's negative aspects, citing the fact that in modern life, manual labor takes a lot of time.

What do you think about this and what is the role of needlework in your life?

Thank you for reading me!

Yours, Olga! :)