Handmade "Gingerbread House" Key Holder with Funny Pigs

Soon, soon the most magical holiday and New Year will come and give us the smell of mandarins, Christmas trees and gingerbread! Why don't we make a fun key holder in a shape of a delicious gingerbread, thereby gaining favour of the symbol of 2019 — the Pig :)

For the work we need:

• a piece of wood in a shape of a "house" (you can take any shape);
  • metal hooks;
  • acrylic primer;
  • acrylic paint (brown and pink);
  • "Decola" contours (white, pink, red and brown);
  • brushes of different size;
  • "Decola" acrylic lacquer (matte);
  • two sea stones;
  • a foam sponge;
  • an awl (a thin needle);
  • a sketch;
  • carbon paper;
  • a lead and a white pencil;
  • transparent super glue.

Prime both sides of the wooden blank, pre-cleaning it with sandpaper.

Using carbon paper transfer the pattern on the workpiece.

Begin to paint our "gingerbread". First, with brown acrylic paint (I have burnt sienna),

....then with pink paint:

Let the paint dry and proceed to dot painting. Outline the parts of the house with a white contour.

Here's what I got:

Draw dots with a brown contour, pulling some of them with a thin awl (a needle, a toothpick):

Finally, add patterns with a pink contour. Let it dry for 2-3 hours.

To achieve maximum similarity with a gingerbread, I used "Decola" matte lacquer. Lacquer our house from both sides.

While the miracle house dries, we make its "residents" :) Wash well with soap and water two sea stones, wipe them with a cotton disk soaked in alcohol-containing solution. You can start painting. Paint the stones brown.
For convenience, I secured the stones with the help of double-sided tape to the halves of a container from a Kinder Surprise. Thus we can easily hold the other side.

Make a thin markup with a white pencil. Draw eyes, a scarf, paws, etc. with a contour. In my case, the pig will hold a gingerbread heart :)

We proceed similarly to the second stone. After the contour dries, cover it with matte acrylic lacquer using a soft wide brush.

The "pigs" are dry, now glue them with transparent super glue to the decorated house. Leave for 12 hours.

If you want your "gingerbread house" not only to make you happy, but also bring some actual use, screw two metal hooks in the back part. This panel can be used as a key holder or as a holder for pot holders in a kitchen.

The pigs turned out to be so tasty, I want to take a bite :) But, I do not advise :)

Our "Gingerbread House" is ready! Celebrate New Year of the Pig fully armed :)

I wish you bright, magical New Year, my friends!