Handmade Christmas Decorations of Plywood

This is my first guide and it so happened that it coincided with the eve of the most magical holiday — New Year. And of course, I want to share with you the way of production of Christmas toys.
First, we need a small piece of plywood. I have plywood with a height of 8 cm, so the height of the toys will also be 8 cm but if you want to make a different size, I think toys will come out nice.
Then draw the detail itself, I have a triangle, the base is 8 cm and the diagonal is 9 cm.

The next step is sawing. For this work we need: a trimmer and a husband.
We cut clearly along the lines (I think not everyone has a trimmer at hand, you can cut with a jigsaw, or on a laser machine).

Once the triangle is ready make a hole in it in order to put a thread through it.

So, the basic shape is ready, now we have to give it a neater look. Polish it on a grinding machine, as after cutting out the shapes and drilling the holes small chippings appear, they must be polished (you can replace a grinding machine with conventional sandpaper). Polish the detail and slightly smoothen the corners to avoid chippings.

The next stage is drawing. I planned a modern Christmas decoration, so I chose a very sleek design — the combination of black dots, I think these toys will complement modern interior in white tones.
I didn't want to make perfect dots in front, therefore, I propose to draw dots by hand and then paint with tempera the entire toy in white, but do not paint densely, so that the pencil drawing is slightly visible, thus, it will be easier to navigate in the painting.

The photo shows that the pencil lines are a little transparent, this is what we wanted.

Then paint the dots, do not be afraid to make them uneven, the "hand unevenness" suggests that the toy was hand painted, and that undoubtedly gives it a value!
Well, our stage is almost completed. Now we need thick white thread, a bead and black satin ribbon.

Put a thread in the toy, strung a bead and then tie a small piece of satin ribbon. Note that you should tie the ribbon not at top but between the toy and the bead, it will be much more harmonious like that!
That's all, our toy is ready and now you can enjoy it and decorate your future beautiful Christmas tree!

It's nice that you've read to the end. Leave a like if you liked it, click on the heart to add this post to your bookmarks to make it easier to find it and if you want to leave a comment, I will be very pleased!

Sincerely yours, Oksana!