How to Transform Sleeves: Ideas for Decoration or Restoration

Recently I have been approached by a friend asking me to fix a burnt sleeve on a favorite textile jacket. The owner refused to remake the jacket in a vest, so I turned to the world mind to find inspiration. Some options seemed interesting to me and I wanted to share with you some ideas that you can use in repairing, lengthening or simply decorating your favorite clothes.

Of course, the most common and popular embellishment is to add lace, trims, ribbons for light shirts, blouses, knitwear. Inserts can be put in the middle of the details:

And at the bottom of a sleeve:

There are fairly intricate designs of sleeves with embroidery and lace:

Definitely one of the most popular variants of sleeves transformation is fantasies on the subject of cuffs. A cuff can be sewn to a sleeve or just put under it:

In the case of holes, slits on sleeves you can make notched lace inserts:

There are also options for warmer clothes. And for my problem they are more relevant.

You can transform a jacket, a cardigan or a light jacket with ribbons, trims or with patches or flounces of fabrics-companions. There is no limit to combinations of colors and textures.

And it is possible to lengthen sleeves with knitted cuffs or to replace them completely!

In my opinion, the most time-consuming but no less interesting solution is the following: to trim the sleeves with fur. From the utility point of view it maybe controversial, but it's nice:

And finally, the idea that unusually came to my liking: crazy sleeves with fringe knit with a crochet hook on a denim jacket.

Be beautiful, creative and compelling!

I'm going to choose my option for repairing a sleeve. I hope that everything will work out and I will be able to boast of my remake in a while.

Sincerely yours, Faina.

PS: This is my first public article. I would appreciate support and constructive criticism.