Handmade Doll Blouse with Band Collar

I hope this tutorial will be useful for beginners.

You can use batiste or fine cotton for sewing the blouse.

The pattern is printed on an A4 sheet of paper. The length of the pattern in life-size is 9 cm from the back fold. The bottom of the blouse and the sleeves is raw, so you don't have to hem them. Cut out the parts with an allowance of about 7 mm. Do NOT leave an allowance at the bottom of the blouse and on the edge of the seamless facing (shown in green). Mark the center and the label "6" on the sleeves. I marked them with a thread.

To cinch the bottom of the sleeve I put elastic thread in a sewing machine. On the front side of the parts at a distance of 1 cm from the bottom make a zigzag stitch.

Pull threads to inside, tie 2 knots.

Stitch the details of the shirt fronts on the red line.

Cut the seam allowance by 2-3 mm, turn it out, iron.

Apply shirt fronts to the foreparts, aligning the neckline lines. Baste them.

Turn the seamless facing on the front side by 0.5 cm, then do that the second time also by 0.5 cm.

Baste with a colored thread and running stitches. Stitch at a distance of 1 mm from the inner edge.

Pin the back and the foreparts. Stitch the shoulder seams. Process on a serger.

Turn back the allowances of the shoulder seams. Make 2 lines for cinching on the sleeves caps. Apply sleeves. The "6" mark on the sleeves should be on the side of the foreparts.

Connect the center of the sleeves with the shoulder seams and pin them. Next, connect the edges and secure them with pins at the edges. Cinch the threads on the sleeves caps, make a gather.

Baste and then stitch on a sewing machine or by hand with small back stitches. If you do not have enough practice, you can sew the sleeve at once by hand, because it is difficult to sew it on a sewing machine from the first time without puckering. You have to rip the stitch in some places and stitch again.

The seam allowance of the sleeves caps is processed by a serger. NOTE: put away the knife on a serger, otherwise you can cut the fabric of the blouse. Turn the allowances of the sleeves caps on the sleeves.

Connect the side seams, pin them. Stitch, process the seam on a serger WITHOUT a KNIFE

I added a thin interlining to the band collar, because the fabric from which I sewed a blouse was very thin.

Make a line along the front and top edges of the collar. Cut the seam allowances by 2 mm.

Mark the bottom edge of the collar with a pencil to make it easier to sew the stand collar.

Turn it on the front side and press. Sew in the external collar on the front side of the neck. First pin it then baste. Sew by hand or on a sewing machine.

Raise the band collar.

Cut the allowances a little. Do not cut the lines so that the threads don't began to loosen.

Turn the inner band collar. Baste it.

Sew the collar with blind stitches, putting the needle close to the stitching of the back and front details. On the external side the line should not be visible.

The band collar is sewn on. Remove the basting thread. The inside.

Mark the places for sewing buttons. The first button is at a distance of approximately 1 cm from the collar.

Make hanging loops. Sew on the buttons. tone the edges of the sleeves and the placket if desired. You can embroider the shirt fronts with seed beads or floss.

Thank you for your attention!