How to Lengthen Clothes: Interesting Ideas for Inspiration

Preparing for the last publication about repairing and lengthening of sleeves, I found some interesting photos on the topic of how you can change the length of other pieces of clothing. I present to you a selection of ideas that seemed interesting to me.

Nowadays, of course, to repair and lengthen old stuff is not so important: in the heyday of mass market it is easier to buy new clothes than to remodel the old ones. Sometimes, however, we are very sorry to throw our favorite thing, we want to update or refresh it. It is often easy to shorten clothes, but to lengthen them nicely is a bit more complicated.

As practice shows, today even on new things there is an imitation of length adjustment. Let's start with skirts and dresses. For example, a panel of transparent fabric at hems of women's clothing.

Of course, the most popular method is to add strips of fabric, lace or trim at the bottom of the garment.

I loved the options with notched and contrasting panels.

Similarly, it is possible to lengthen pants: cuffs from contrasting fabric, lace or fancy panels on the bottom of legs at least don't look boring.

A more radical transformation of pants may include placing of mesh (and not only) panels not on the bottom of the leg, but in the middle, and also matching decoration of pockets and belt with similar lace. Sporty girls may like an option with knitted cuffs and changing of the shape of the leg.

There are plenty of options for blouses and knitted sweaters! The most popular decoration is lace inserts at the bottom of the garment. I did not give many examples because this decoration and lengthening variant is the most common. It is important that inserts must look good.

You can lengthen not only the bottom, you can also insert strips in the middle of the product, if the cut permits. Lace and eyelet can be replaced by a contrasting fabric.

And finally, the idea found on the vast web for fans of layering and frills: it is not necessary to sew the insert to the product! You can make kind of a "skirt" and wear it under a favorite cardigan, depending on look and mood. And if you make several different colors and textures, the number of sets will tend to infinity.

Hope you didn't get bored because of this selection.

Be beautiful, creative and compelling!

Sincerely yours, Faina.