Kitchen Textiles as an Element of Decor and an Assistant in Everyday Life

In my first article I would like to talk about the subject of my work — sewing kitchen textiles.
A proper renovation, a stylish ready made kitchen, beautiful furniture... all of that will be emphasized and complemented by kitchen textile.

It includes many elements. I propose to consider them in detail.

1. Curtains. I think this is the main element of kitchen interior. You begin to make the style of kitchen textiles with them. Of course, the basis of the style of your kitchen is a ready made kitchen and properly chosen curtains help to emphasize it.

Material: It must be sufficiently durable and wear resistant. The best option is blended fabrics. In their composition there are both natural and synthetic fibers. Thus, they are resistant to fading, able to pass air and retain their color with frequent washings.

• Pot holders are a very important and functional element of kitchen textiles. Not only they protect your hands from burns, but also perfectly complement the interior. There is a huge number of shapes and colors of pot holders and you are sure to find something that is right for your kitchen.

Material: it is better to use natural fabrics for pot holders — linen, cotton. They are resistant to high temperatures and easy to clean. Today it is also very popular to make pot holders of silicone. They are distinguished by their practicality. But I think it is much nicer to hold a soft cotton or linen pot holder than a red silicone one :)

• Towels — I think there is no need to talk about the importance and functionality of this item :)

Material: the main task of the towels is to wipe hands and utensils, the main property of the material is ability to absorb moisture well. The material should be natural and resistant to frequent washings.

• Tablecloth — its function is to protect your table from damage and contamination. It is one of the central figures in the decoration of your kitchen.

Material: the main criterion for choosing material for tablecloths is its durability, resistance to dirt and frequent washing.

Linen and semi-linen tablecloths look very advantageous. They are cozy, suitable for any kitchen, everyday use and for festive dinners.

• Table napkins and rugs are a kind of alternative to tablecloths. If you don't want to completely close the top of your table, table napkins and rugs are your option.

Material: material can be of any kind. Strength and durability are also important.

• Bags for storage — very handy thing. You can store in them whatever you want. They are particularly suited for storing herbs. It is better to use bags with lining as one layer of fabric may let small blades of grass pass (from my personal experience), plus your grass will be stored longer. Also in such bags it is possible to store bread, crackers, nuts, dried fruit, etc. In addition, textile bags perfectly complement your interior. With them everything becomes more comfortable and warmer. Their design can be quite varied. To be honest, this is my favorite piece of sewing textiles for kitchen :)

Material: for such purposes it is better not to use synthetics as the fabric is in contact with food. Use bags with a lining of calico or printed cotton, for example. Bags can be decorated with different laces, embroidery and ribbons.

7. An apron is a must have for all hostesses. It helps to protect clothes from pollution while cooking. Yes, and to cook in a beautiful and stylish apron is a pleasure!

Also aprons are always the priority when choosing a gift for lovely ladies.

Material: it is best to use fabrics that are pleasant to touch, so as not to irritate skin. In addition, the fabric must be resistant to frequent washings and must not fade.

8. Bags for packages — another thing which is responsible for storing packages. It is a pouch or a doll, inside which packages are stored. Honestly, for me it is still not known in practice, therefore, I can not say anything about its practicality and necessity.

Material: all fabrics.

9. A tea cosy is an element of old traditions which now again came into use. It is a cap that fits over the teapot to keep it hot. A cozy tea cosy will create a warm atmosphere during a tea party and take you back to your carefree childhood with a cup of tea at grandma's :)

Material: first of all it should be a fabric that isn't afraid of high temperatures. Tea cosies made of cotton or linen and embellished with different laces, ribbons and beads look much nicer and cozier.

I only gave you a short list of the variety of kitchen textiles.

If you don't know what to give to your mother, girlfriend or colleague, I recommend you to choose something from kitchen textiles. A stylish apron, a set of linen napkins, a cozy pot holder — all these things will be a pleasure for every housewife. Even if it she already has it, another towel or cloth will not be superfluous.
Do you think that the topic of kitchen textiles as a gift is a bit outdated? Then give something more original! For example, bags of herbs or bread, a tea cosy. These things are also necessary and will delight any owner.

I wish you all good mood!

Hope my article was interesting and helpful! :)