What Came First — a Drawing or a Photo? Animated Portraits on Coffee Cups by Vitaliya Boyko

When I first saw these pictures, I didn't understand how this is done. Maybe this is a drawing from a photo? In fact, the artist from Odessa Vitaliya Boyko first draws portraits on coffee cups and then sends them to "revive". Her husband and sister became photographs of her project and are always ready to help Vitaliya with the implementation of creative ideas.

However, sometimes her husband becomes a character of her works, and it's very romantic:

Once in a cafe Vitaliya was given a cappuccino from a mysterious stranger. On the cup compliments and nice wishes were written, and then the artist realized that such a cup can serve as a great canvas for small paintings! The main themes were coastal sceneries, the sea — an endless source of inspiration for Vitaliya.

And yet they are not always self-portraits:

Yet, the artist likes to paint on palettes and compare pictures with reality in detail:

Vitaliya even turns body art into unexpected compositions. Head starts spinning because of this mixing of spaces!

Venice — a Vitaliya's dream which came true.
My favorite morning drink about a beauty:
Let's take a look at a few more cups, delicate and rowdy:

Do you like it? Do you like this play with spaces?