Fashion Photographer Alexi Lubomirski

Alexi Lubomirski is one of the most famous British fashion photographers, he specializes mainly in portrait photography. He became famous largely thanks to the work for covers of the American magazine Harper's Bazaar. At the age of 11, Alexis received his first camera as a gift. But the real interest in photography came during his trip to Peru in college. First, the center of his attention was a candid shot, and then Alexi became interested in portraits. Passion pushed him to enroll in the University of Brighton in the UK. During his studies, Alexis decided to engage in self-promotion: "Six months before graduation I started to work around everyone whose phones I managed to get and to say that I wanted to show them what I have done, and ask them what I should change in my work, if they wanted to hire me." After a long search, Alexi went to the agent Mario Testino, who just at that time was looking for a mate. The work with Mario lasted for 4 long years, Alexi didn't have time for anything but photography. Alexi learned form the professional to work with light, different models, editing. Together, they toured practically the whole world.

In 2006, a number of works led Alexi to the collaboration with Harper's Bazaar and moving to New York, where there were no end of proposals for the new celebrity of fashion photography.

Our acquaintance with the works of Alexi starts with the covers of Harper's Bazar

There was also cooperation with Lancome

The shooting for Vera Wang

And, of course, there is no fashion photographer without shooting for Vogue

I would also like to note how accurate each shot by Alexi is — no extra item, color, shade or shadow. For me Alexi is one of the key figures of contemporary fashion photography. His ability to frame it without "visual rubbish" deserves special respect.

Do you like the works by Lubomirski? What photoshoot is the closest to you? On what did your eyes rest?