"Blue Flowers" Beadwork Necklace

As I promised, here is my new DIY. I'm not going to explain how to bind the edge or wrap Rivoli, sorry. But I will tell you something that many people don't know.

Of course, each work is originally an idea, it appeared a few years ago, and so far people like this choker, although it's so simple!

Photo №1: Showing the sketch, and the outlines transfered to felt. In this case, I did it by simply transferring on tracing paper, the black outline is clearly visible through felt. Use hard felt.

There is another option of gold embroidery when you need high accuracy of drawing, and in the beginning you transfer a drawing on thin paper (tissue-paper, etc) and then sew directly on paper, removing excess if necessary.

Photo №2: Here this transfer is clearly visible on a "Cherry" example, stitch on paper, then it is easily removed.

The most important question — the method of embroidery. I am horrified to watch how everyone teaches to make flat embroidery with backstitch, but it's not right! Then people complain that it is impossible to make a straight line and gently wrap a cabochon... Of course it is! This stitch is not suitable. To get a smooth and beautiful embroidery you need to stitch above the main thread!

Photo 4: It is done like this, we collect beads along the length of the line, but a little less, leaving some space, slightly pull the thread and begin to stitch between the beads, the main thing is to fix the first bead, then the thread will not weaken and I press the thread with the fingers of my left hand and thread and move the beads. But it is possible to stitch with two threads, one with beads and the other for stitching. Stitch EACH bead! The thread tension should not pull the felt, I've seen how people embroider, it's a nightmare, they make an accordion of felt, with such a work you won't get a beautiful embroidery. Felt must be smooth in the beginning and at the end of work.

Photo №5: Start to stitch. You can stitch with segments of 2-4 cm, the next segment should split down the thread of the previous one in the middle, only like this you can make a smooth line, otherwise it will shift, if you bring the needle close to the thread, not into it. Do you see a thread without beads to the left? When you finish the line, bring the needle right in this thread, as if continuing it.

Photo №6: When all the lines are embroidered, begin to fill out a form. The principle is the same, I make a float across the entire length, but it's harder, you can divide it. An important point is that the embroidery must be beautiful, the element must have at least 6 colors. In these colors there are 7 shades, I do not take a pattern with 5 colors or divide it into 6-7 colors. For those who find it difficult to understand the gradations by eye, I propose to mark with a pencil the transition points or even to sew on paper, and draw on paper with pencils or felt pens, use directly those colors which will be in the embroidery. The photo shows that at the beginning I make guides, a color skeleton, and then fill in between.

Photo №7: The background mustn't be seen, to do this, use small seed beads, for the smallest places I bought Czech seed beads number 16-17, they are transparent as dust. I hate to see a base through embroidery...

Photo №8: Embroider all the flowers, following the shape. Then cut the edge, on the left flower you can see that the felt does not stick out after cutting.

Photo №9: Glue the prepared cut flowers on paper or thin cardboard, if desired, depending on what rigidity you want to achieve. Then glue them on leather, cut all the edges, nothing must stick out, the paper must be 2 mm smaller than the flower, and the leather must be maximum 0.5 mm smaller than the flower. Whipstitch in the usual way.

Photo №10: Start to connect the flowers as you like and according to your idea, with seed beads, beads, etc. Align everything on cells or on something else you are used to. Along the way, wrap crystals, also according to your taste :) I love silamide, fireline threads, maybe there's something better, I don't know. And I make the embroidery using simple lavsan threads, you can pick up a shade, etc.

Photo №11: I restored the chain by eye, so it is as it is, I will not comment on the photo, everything seems to be clear, beads 4 mm, seed beads 11 and 15.

Photo №12:

Photo №13:

Photo №14:

Photo №15:

Photo №16:

Photo №17:

Photo №18:

Photo №19:

Photo №20:

Photo №21:

Photo №22: Corresponds to step №1 in the chain:

Photo №23: Attach the ready chain to the flowers, fix it, pass lots of times, then go through the whole chain again on the edge and back again (through the side beads, like a contour):

Photo №24: Here I pass the edge. I add all sorts of seed beads and decorate to my taste.

Well, here is the result! If you want to make the same necklace or a necklace in a different color, please send me your photos, I will brag about your works! I thought about making a contest of remaking this product, but I realized that I don't know what to reward. I am not in Saint Petersburg, I can not invite you to a master class, I have no ideas :)

Photos are numbered, write if you have problems, I hope everything is clear.