Julie Arkell — a Sunny Woman

There are many different people in our life. They are like us or quite the opposite. There are people which are black holes, ater you communicate with them you feel depressed and dejected all day. And there are sunny people. It seems that is cozy even thinking that they are in this world, you seem to bask in their rays and you feel good and comfortable. One of these wonderful people is this needlewoman — Julie Arkel.

Julie Arkel is one of the most famous English contemporary folk artists working with papier-mâché and other mixed techniques, she adds to her works vintage fabric, papers, textiles.

Her work is imbued with a love of vintage toys, paintings, fairy tales and stories, as well as folk art.

Julie Arkell was born in London. She studied at the college of the West Surrey Institute of Art & Design, and then received a diploma in textiles in the Saint Martin's School of Arts.

Her works have been exhibited worldwide, they are especially popular in the UK, America and Japan.

Workshops taught by Julie are very popular. They are always held in a very friendly atmosphere. The participants speak very warmly about Julie Arkell. They do not forget to notice her new earrings or the color of her new dress.

I don't know about you, but I have always admired people who are generous to themselves and to the world, people who do what they like. I do not exclude that not everyone can like her works, but still they emanate warmth and comfort.