Mysterious Gray

Mysterious gray...
In my opinion, this is the most mysterious color and it is my favorite! May be that is because I live and work in St. Petersburg. They say that a real Petersburger distinguishes up to 10,000 different shades of gray.

There are so many titles and colors: "the color of a spider, plotting a crime" — dark grey, "the color of a frightened mouse" — a light silver grey, gris de perle — a pearl-gray, Marengo (medium dark gray), the color of London smoke and of my favourite sky of St. Petersburg — foggy, cloudy and, despite this, very multifaceted!!
The same shades of gray bring different emotions and associations to different people. For some people they are jewelry, for others — weapons. Due to its qualities with the help of this color you can create many different looks. Grey in any case is not intended to cause bright emotions. It is rather the base which emphasizes the richness of other colors and the clarity of shapes. And it goes well with almost all colors and shades in interior and clothes.
XVIII century is the era when grey is as beautiful as ever. It was the celebration of silver gray brocade and the lightest gray silk dresses. It is the gloss of silk and satin and the softness of velvet. They are the most subtle shades of gray that seem to be more tender combined with pink, peach or white. The ceremonial dress of the empresses and masquerade costumes. Powdered wigs that look like clouds...

Fashionistas must have no questions what to wear with a grey coat, jacket or cardigan, because this color is neutral, you can draw whatever you want.
But a little gray won't hurt anyone in clothes. It is never vulgar! It's the most suitable color for a stylish and sophisticated look. You can also dilute it a bit and tone down the riot of colors in a look to make the image more restrained.

Grey is one of the main colors of autumn collections and it will remain like this in spring. It goes out of fashion only sometimes and not for long, but it always returns.
Gray is the magic color. Its main qualities — stability and harmony with the surrounding world! It can help you to hide in the crowd or stand out. You just need to have a desire of that!

Have a good mood!