Where the Real Seems to Be Impossible and the Fantastic — Ordinary

Mary Baxter St. Clair invites us on a fascinating journey to the Enchanted Island. "Follow me to my secret place — a world of delicate beauty. Where the real seems to be impossible and fantastic — ordinary. You will see with your heart. Learn to let go of the problems and watch as they evaporate in the rays of the tropical sun."

The art of Mary Baxter St. Clair refers to our inner child who believes in magic, able to surprise and make a wish... There are only two kinds of people in the world: those who believe in magic and those who can only regret that they do not believe.

Mary Baxter St. Clair was born in Michigan, in a large, creative family. Some argue that Mary was born with a brush in her hands. Others say she draws her paintings with magic dust. Small, magical, almost transparent creatures that communicate telepathically, visit her dreams, and move her in worlds of infinite imagination. And in this world there is an angel to which you may talk at any time. And it's so easy to close your eyes and go through seven doors.

Mary grew up, the demands of real life have replaced her childhood fantasies. Though her three daughters can say that the power of her imagination is revealed fully in her work.

The road to success was long and difficult. She was told that she should stop daydreaming and concentrate on more realistic subjects. Dreams and her Angel helped her not to give up and to realize her potential.

In 1981, after many years of loneliness, she met her soul mate — Bruce Baxter. He encouraged her to paint full time. After the wedding the couple spent their honeymoon in Hawaii, where bright colors and flavors revived the imagination of her youth. "When I saw the color of the water, I realized where mermaids live."

In 1989, Mary and Bruce moved to the island of Kauai. Two years later a spacious, bright studio was designed and built. Mary worked fruitfully with the support of her husband and gradually the orders came pouring in from all sides. "Dreams really do come true," — Mary said.

As the artist herself explains: "Fairies and angels are part of my life. From early childhood, these beings are real to me." She believes that fantasy is necessary to make the world around us more harmonious.

I know somewhere there is a magic country;

The sun always shines there

Beautiful and mysterious it is,

But only children are capable to find it.

Elves drink pollen there,

And beautiful butterflies fly,

And if they collect drew until dawn

Then in the morning it will become a diamond.

There is a riot of colors, joy, happiness,

Laughter — there is something that doesn't exist.

The country is open not for everyone.

Only children can open it.

You can understand the language of animals there,

And it is possible to communicate without words,

There are no liars and dishonest people.

You can meet there somebody without actual meeting.

You can listen to music of the fields there

And ride on a fluffy cloud

This country is open for children

Sorry, children grow up too fast.

Days, weeks, months, years pass.

We all get older, and no one can avoid it.

And only an adult knows,

That the name of that magic country is CHILDHOOD.

Alexandra Vorobyova

Wish us all to believe in miracles and dream!

With love, Olga Manuilenkova