Handmade "Piggy Pilot" Christmas Toy. Symbol of 2019

Only a few weeks are left before New Year, how do you prepare for it? It's time to think about gifts for your loved ones, consider Christmas decor and plan holidays.
Now the stores are full of decorations, tinsels and Christmas toys, but most of them are simple brilliant figures not of the best quality. During these special days we want to enjoy an original, unique and magical tree, which becomes the center of attraction for the whole family during the Christmas holidays. Your Christmas tree must be unique, so I suggest you to join me and make an original "Piggy Pilot" Christmas toy.

We will need:

Materials:

• bake polymer clay;
  • foil;
  • wire;
  • acrylic paints;
  • fabric paints;
  • protective lacquer;
  • ribbon for a skirt.

Tools:

• stationery knife;
  • pliers, cutters;
  • silicon stacks;
  • a stack with a ball;
  • brushes;
  • glue;
  • needles;
  • sandpaper.

The base is made of common food foil, this is the best material for the base, which later will be baked a couple of times. Twist legs and a mount for hanging of wire.

Make small holes and insert wire legs. The base is ready!
To create a beautiful nude color mix white clay with a small amount of yellow and red clay.

The resulting clay is rolled in a layer of 3-4 mm, wrap around the base of the body and the head. Gently roll the plastic over the entire surface. The head blank is also wrapped in a layer of clay, extract a small snout and add chubby cheeks. Smoothen all the seams, you can use a damp cloth, it smoothes clay well and removes dust and fibres.

Mark the eyes with a stack with a ball, use a silicone stack to make the mouth and the nostrils. Attach the head to the body and smoothen the connection. There is no pig without a heavy chin, add a little on the lower part of the muzzle.

After making the head I decided to add some volume to the legs, they should not be too plump, attach the ears.
Now the pig can be sent into the oven and baked according to instructions. After complete cooling it is necessary to remove large imperfections which are visible. I had to use sandpaper mostly for the muzzle and legs.

This is my favorite part, working on small details! Yay!
Make the eyes of white and black clay. The piggy is very brave and it is certainly a charismatic pilot, how can it fly without special glasses?! We make the glasses of thin sausages of black and bronze clay. Gel (liquid plastic) will help to simplify the work a lot, lubricate with gel the areas around the eyes, after that fresh clay sticks perfectly to the already baked clay. Add "arrows" to make the eyes more expressive.

Make a so-called tank of white clay, there will be a cute picture on it later. It's time for the hat, it can be made of pieces of red and white clay.

Next, roll red clay into a layer of about 2 mm. Make any texture that is at hand (a piece of fabric, leather or as I did — a handle of the knife). Cut holes for the front legs and cut the vest blank in half, so it is more convenient to put it on the piggy, smoothen and mask the back seam.

Add "fur" as on the hat, do not decorate the neck, there will be a white scarf, like real pilots have :)
When everything is ready, send the piggy to the final baking.

When the pig is baked, make pants. In my hamster's pantry there were no scraps of fabric of the desired green color. It was decided just to paint the white cloth in "Christmas" green. I painted a piece of fabric and cotton lace, in a few hours, fixed the paint with an iron. I got a very beautiful fabric. I found green and white ribbon for the skirt.

To make the simplest pattern I just took three measurements: the circumference of the waist, the seat seam and the distance between the back legs.

The pants will consist of two parts, draw a rectangle of 11x5 cm on paper (half the circumference of the waist and the seat seam). Between the legs is 4 cm, find the middle of the rectangle and put away 2 cm from the middle, the rest is a leg. Cut the pants with allowances of 5 mm. Sew the side seams and the center seam, additionally decorate the seams with a contrasting thread on the front side.

Make lace "cuffs" for the pants. Cinch three layers of ribbon and sew it to the pants. Hide the ugly edge of the lace, it could be also sewn, but I glued it with superglue, thereby securely protecting the pants from slipping :)

On the tank I decided to draw one of the essential symbols of the modern New Year — holly.

Don't forget to paint the hooves. When the paint is completely dry, cover the muzzle, the legs and the t-shirt with matte lacquer. The pig is ready to fly on a Christmas tree. Even among bright shiny "purchased" toys this pig will not remain unnoticed!

Thank you for your attention!

P. S. If you liked my DIY, don't forget to click "like", my Piggy and I will be very pleased!