Amazing Embroidered Brooches by Lera Petunina

Inspiration and creativity play a major role not only in arts but also in the field of hand-craftsmanship. Thanks to inspiration and creative self-realization we can open the door of our own internal capacity to generate more effective ideas.

Studying the pages of the Internet and looking for inspiration, I came across the works of the Novosibirsk designer Lera Petunina. The girl embroiders brooches with paintings by famous artists, animals, birds and insects. Her works are amazing and delightful. Looking at these works, you can't stop admiring — how amazing and diverse the world of hand-craftsmanship is.

I am charmed by subtle, insightful and precise skill of stitching with threads which passes brushstrokes of paintings by famous masters.

I offer you to admire these embroidered masterpieces:

A Field of Poppies by Monet:

Prima Ballerina by Degas:

The famous Sunflowers by Van Gogh:

The Kiss by Klimt:

Luncheon of the Boating Party by Renoir:

A self-portrait of the Mexican artist Frida Kahlo:

And there is even Madonna Litta by Leonardo da Vinci:

So, these are miniature embroidered reproductions of paintings by famous artists which this designer, Valeria Petunina, creates.

Her works devoted to birds and butterflies are interesting, elegant and realistic and devoted. Here are some of them:

I hope this post was interesting and will help you to boost your inspiration and creative spark, and maybe someone will find here a source of inspiration to engage in a new kind of needlework.