Inspirational Ideas for Decorating: How to Decorate Ordinary Things with a Lace Doily

Once on my way home I was talking with a friend. She, knowing my creative work, decided to share her experience. Oksana told me that she couldn't find time or energy for a hobby and creativity for one hundred and fifty years. But once she came to visit her very elderly aunt, her mother's sister. They had a good conversation and remembered the past, they talked. And Oksana noticed a lace elaborately crocheted doily on a table. She remembered that she once knitted it and gave it to her aunt! "Yes, the same doily," — she said. Did I crochet such beautiful things? From that moment a wave of inspiration came. Oksana took a crochet hook. All is good, but now there are so many doilies in different sizes, shapes, types, styles. They are under every vase and dish in the house. What to do with them?

This story and the question prompted me to create a selection about application of these wonderful products. A lot of ideas. Incredibly comfortable, beautiful, stylish.

1. The easiest way is to decorate cushions. I like this very much, I have two cushions decorated in this technique. It is very simple. And you don't even have to know how to sew! You can buy a ready pillowcase and just decorate it with a doily.

2. Let's make the topic more complicated. Use doilies to make bedspreads, tablecloths and even light curtains.

3. Giving the doilies a shape with starch or glue, you can make dishes. They are perfect for cookies, breads, candies. Or just use it as a decoration. You can also make cache-pots for flowers.

4. Using the same technique, you can make fine lampshades, lamps.

5. Various panels, clocks.

6. A variety of accessories.

Sure, these photos can give you even more interesting ideas! Bringing a note of creativity and authorship in any thing, we make it unique.

I wish you a creative success and beauty!