How to Make an Unusual Packaging with Dried Flowers

When I first saw gift boxes with roses, I immediately wanted to make such a package for my scarves and wraps! Batik and flowers are beautiful... However, it is not so simple with fresh flowers: they can quickly wilt or freeze, there is moisture in a box with a handkerchief, condensation on plastic... And I thought about making a decoration of dried flowers!

Of course, I wanted to share it with you, because such a package can be applied to many kinds of creativity!

In August I collected the remains of summer luxury: oregano, bolls of mallow, flowers of daylily. Flowers dried up a long time ago and finally their time has come!

Materials.

• Dried flowers. I used oregano (flowers, leaves, twigs), flowers of daylily, bollls of mallow. You can buy and dry something even now, or buy already dried flowers.
  • Boxes with a transparent top/view window for your product.
  • Foam that doesn't crumble (insulation from a hardware store). The thickness must be chosen considering flowers and the height of the box.
  • Masking tape and double-sided duck tape.
  • Scissors of different sizes, a cutter.
  • A ruler.
  • A pencil.
  • Wrapping or packaging paper (something thin).
  • A needle: a thick one and a medium one with a broken ear.
  • A glue gun.
  • Patience, love and imagination!

The foam will serve as a "bed" or base for dried flowers. Mark and cut it of the desired size matching the boxes.

A tip: foam must be smaller than the box, it is beautiful when flowers just stick out to the sides.

Wrap foam with wrapping paper so that it is not visible.

Fix the paper with masking tape on the "bottom" of the "flower bed".

Then, stick double-sided tape to the bottom to secure it on the box. As all the parts are light: foam and dried flowers — duck tape is enough, but you can glue with a glue gun.

A tip: you must stick it now, later you will not be able to put a "bed" of flowers on the bottom in order to stick duck tape. More precisely, you will be able to stick it, but it will not be easy!

Fitting! Do you see the distance between the foam and the box?

And here is our treasure!

Take a big needle and pierce the foam. You can pick it through — it will be even better. You will find the width of the hole in the process — it must be easy to "plant" a flower so that it does not fall off.

In the case of oregano tear the upper bushes, they are thicker and they have a thicker stem.

Gently pressed a bush, so it is solidly fixed in the "flowerbed".

I came up with a more convenient way later — see the photos below...

Test of durability! Plus, the excess parts of flowers must crumble or they will do that later anyway.

I hope you can see... It's a needle with a broken eye. Later I broke another needle which was larger.

With this "slingshot", I clung a twig and planted the bush deeper in the hole in the foam.

Plant the flowers dense — they will be better fixed this way.

Flower beds for one box are ready!

Got bored, and there is still a lot of blanks? Change the plan of action!

Twigs and stems are artistically glued to the "flower bed" using a glue gun.

A tip: It is better to glue small parts, not all at once. You shouldn't glue by one twig — it is very time consuming.

Plant a bush of oregano in the gaps between the twigs, especially where the glue is visible!

Because the heiight increased due to the twigs, you can gently glue the flowers with a glue gun.

A tip: Apply glue to the stem of flowers. If you apply glue to branches or between them — you will only make a web of silicone!

With branches the texture is completely different.

I used soft and fragile flowers of daylily.

FIt a flower, watching the points of contact, apply glue with a glue gun on these points and glue flowers to the "flower bed".

Points of contact are important, especially on the second and the third layer, the glue must not be visible!

Plant bolls of mallow — there is no difficulty, because they have a plump and thick stem. Then, using the first principle plant the flowers of oregano and... Not breathing and very gently glue on very fragile, but beautiful leaves of oregano. First, larger leaves, then the smaller ones.

I used only unbroken pieces, looking for the most twisted — they're really good!

Gradually fill the entire surface: watch the beauty and hide the glue.

I got carried away and didn't shoot the process... The leaves literally fall apart and in one motion of fingers they can be turned into dust. It is painstaking and a little nervously! But the result is worth it — this is not a "bed", but something quite unusual!

The last 'flower bed' mix. The principle is the same as for the previous flower beds: first, glue twigs with a glue gun, then flowers, and lastly the leaves.

Now you can put products in the boxes and admire this decoration!

I decided to decorate candles, which I made for the first time in my life, with very small flowers and leaves.

Thank you for your attention and I wish you beautiful creativity!

Diana.