Magic of Nature: Magic Worlds of Jill Bliss

Anyway, the most mysterious day of the year is right around the corner. It is not particularly important what you think about the modern celebration of Halloween. The main thing is that the end of October is always an important transitional period, when our ancestors especially strongly believed in the power of nature. I don't want, however, to write about Celtic legends and ghosts everybody know about. There will be no pumpkins, witches and black cats (sorry!) in this post, but there will be an unusual beauty of nature. And perhaps even a little magic. But first, a small question. Do you like mushrooms? If yes what do you usually do with them? For example, we love potatoes with mushrooms, but Jill Bliss creates a real magic of them. When you look at her works you will have second thoughts about mushrooms, and maybe other familiar objects. For example, I thought that cheese triangles are very similar to the spires of a castle :)

Jill Bliss is an American artist and a designer. She was born on a farm in Northern California, then moved to New York to study and work. She also worked in Portland and San Francisco. In 2012, she fundamentally changed her life, she sold almost all of her available assets. She used all of her money to buy a van and move to the islands of the Salish sea (Canada and part of State of Washington). Jill explains this action by the fact that she wanted to get back to nature and to the natural course of things which was in her childhood.

Nature became her inspiration and work. In spring and summer Jill works as a naturalist at the patrol vessel "Odyssey" and is engaged in farming. She also works a lot with tourists, telling them about the nature of the islands. Winter for her is time of quiet contemplation, exploring the wild Islands, kayaking and drawing. Besides, Jill works hard to support various environmental and social organizations. Among them, for example, are the One million Redwood project (it supports and restores sequoias), the Center of Whales Research, the Lakota people law project (assistance and protection of Lakota), and many others.

I invite you to look at the fabulous Mashromms Medley by Jill Bliss.