Cheerful Animals of Paper and Fabric by the Designer Clare Youngs

Claire Youngs is a British designer working with paper and textiles.
Her works seem simple at the first glance, but at the same time they are incredibly alive and joyful!
Clare Youngs is an educated graphic designer, she worked in manufacturing, mainly in packaging design, but she has had interest in needlework since childhood, and she gets a real satisfaction from creating beautiful handmade items.
In 2009 Clare Youngs began to devote to needlework all her time. Claire says, "It was an incredibly stressful and exciting time to write books, conduct workshops and create works of art. I combined a new direction in my career with a move from London and now I live and work in Broadstairs, on the beautiful coast of Kent.

When I print, cut and fold paper, sew or embroider, I draw inspiration from all handicraft techniques, traditional and modern. My desire to create has never been stronger than it is now. I love the whole process, the thrill of a new project, thoughts and ideas that arise in a form of notes and sketches, and the satisfaction of knowing that my ideas turn into a finished work. I think that everyone can be creative and I hope that through my works I can inspire more people and everyone can free the artist inside themselves!"

Indeed, it would seem to be simple scraps of paper and fabric, but it is beautifully made — these drawings are live!