Beauty by Nature: Landscape Embroidery by Carolina Torres

I have been keeping an eye out for the works of the American Carolina Torres. Her embroidered landscapes remind me of the works of impressionists: the same sense of air and expression, except that instead of brush strokes there are stitches.

Carolina lives and works in Massachusetts, USA. "My mother is a fashion designer. The magic of her creativity inspired me to take up needlework," — says the girl. "Since childhood I have been making something with my hands, experimenting with techniques, sewing, knitting, working with textiles. But I truly fell in love only with embroidery."

Carolina — is a self-taught embroiderer. She loves to combine different techniques in her works: embroider the sky with long stitches; loose French knots to make sheep clouds; make the details with classic damask stitches and other interesting stitches. All together, the techniques form a recognizable style.

The artisan enjoys sharing photos of her creative process:

And she is not too shy to show the reverse side of her works:

Carolina admits that her main source of inspiration is nature. That's why she does not get tired to capture the beauty of mountains, seas and pastoral landscapes. The size of the embroidery, as a rule, is 3 x 3 inches (approx 7.5 x 7.5 cm).

Like, add this publication to your favorites and share your impressions in the comments!