18 Practical and Unusual Ideas for Storing Shoes

In the family of three there is at least half a dozen pairs of different shoes. Where to store summer shoes in winter and winter shoes in summer? How to store sneakers, shoes and sandals in a small hallway?
Proper organization of storage space for shoes enables you to not only save room space but also to significantly reduce the time you spend on finding the desired footwear. Shoe storage can become a serious problem, especially when the family is large, and there is not much storage place.
I have tried to collect different ideas for storing shoes, ranging from the usual places: cabinets, shelves for shoes, stools to very unusual ideas for storing shoes.
I will start with unusual places for storing shoes (in my opinion).

1. If you are a happy owner of a large number of expensive shoes, keep it in a beautiful place!

2. For storing shoes in a closet you can use ordinary cardboard boxes. But you can also use baskets or even buckets.

3. Very convenient pull-out cabinets (I dream to have them in my apartment)

4. Today shoe racks which can save space are popular and in demand. Some of them can also decorate the interior.

5. Various racks, shelves. Very convenient drawers.

6. The door of a closet can also be used for storing shoes.

7. There are special organizers that can be hung in a closet, on a door, put on a high shelf or hidden under a bed.

8. Handmade options. Why not to remake a big box, for example, a TV box? You can store shoes in a cardboard box. Just put shoes in a vertical position, you can make partitions for convenience.

9. You can use hangers, hooks, pegs for storing shoes.

10. And how do you like the idea of using curtain rods for shoes storage?

11. The rails can be used not only in the kitchen.

12. You can use padded stools for storing shoes.

13. You can also make a place for storage under the ceiling.

14. You can make an original storage system of PVC pipes.

15. And, of course, you can also make a storage system for shoes of plastic bottles.

16. For the lucky owners of staircases in the house.

Well this option, in my opinion, is very suitable to families that have animals. To the delight of the cats!

17. You can order this rack for storing shoes.

18. Unusual dynamic design of the wall. Bars of the same size are mounted on the wall using special moving corners. When folded it is a decorative panel, and if necessary you can transform it into a space for storing shoes and accessories.

I hope my collection will be useful, and these photos will inspire you on new ideas. I will be glad to read your comments!

Mariana.