S-LON Thread for Beads: The Difference of AA and D

S-LON thread for beads. The difference of the sizes AA and D

I hope that my article will help beginners to get acquainted with threads. Namely, with the S-LON threads of the size AA and D (I think they are the most common sizes).

To begin, we note that these threads are quite popular because of their price and quality. For me, the main drawback of these threads is the fact that they can get combed at work. However, I am not yet ready to give up, because it rarely makes sense to use a more expensive alternative.

What is the difference between the sizes of threads and how to be good at them?

What is the difference between the sizes of threads and how to be good at them?

The AA thread is the most delicate in this model. Its thickness is 0.09 mm, and the thickness of the D thread is 0.11 mm.

I will show you a comparison of black thread of the size AA with white thread of the size D.

On the Internet you can often find the argument, that the AA thread is suitable for seed beads number 15, and the D thread for seed beads number 11. In practice, however, the seed beads with the size 15 can be perfectly put on the thread with the D size

Even several times:

Therefore, there is no such a clear distinction between these threads. I use equally both threads. It is a bit harder to work with the threads of the AA size, but the result can be more intricate.

Everyone can choose what size of thread to their liking. One of the advantages is their sufficient strength, many say that they form a fairly even fringe. However, you must be very careful, if you dismiss the part of the product — the threads will most likely become dishevelled (or how to say... one thin thread will turn into something more broad and divided into small fibers :) So be prepared for it.