Amazing and Beautiful Dolls by Dmitry Kurganov

I would like to share with you the works of the talented sculptor and great man D. N. Kurganov. I was lucky enough not only to talk to him, but also to meet Dmitry. He is kind, sympathetic, positive and a very smart person, when you talk to him you have only positive emotions.

Dmitry told me the story of his work with Olina Ventsel, a talented Russian artist, who worked with the projects on creation of dolls of porcelain, dedicated to various historical epochs. He was able not only to plunge into amazing world of big creative projects and to meet many amazing people with her, but he also learnt the limits of his strength when he had to work round the clock without rest in order to prepare dolls for the next show. After the death of Olina Dmitrievna, their cooperation stopped, and to this day he has mostly worked on private orders, but still strived to create beautiful things.

Unfortunately, I could not find many pictures of Dmitry's works , but I'm sure that the ones that I'll show you, will not leave you indifferent. Even without seeing a work live, I was struck by the beauty and delicacy with which they were made, and they also made me think about how much time and effort had been spent on their creation.

Each work is very striking in its beauty and attention to details. Each doll is completely handmade of porcelain. I wish you pleasant viewing.

Children dolls in traditional Slavic clothes.

The doll of the great Russian commander Alexander Suvorov.

The doll Carmen, dedicated to the eponymous opera.

Very cute bells-angels.

The doll of the beautiful queen of ancient Egypt — Cleopatra.

The doll of Ded Moroz.

The doll in the Rococo style.

The doll of the famous French actor Louis De Funes.

The doll of the Russian emperor Peter I.

The doll of the Snow Maiden.

The doll in the style of Biedermeier.

The doll in the Empire style.

The doll in the style of the Middle Ages.

The doll in the style of the early Middle Ages.

I hope that you enjoyed these works. If you are familiar with other dolls or creations of this talented artisan, I will be very glad if you share photos. Have a good day!