How to Make a Bench for Dolls

Recently I have made a bench for photo shoots and decided to write a short tutorial on its creation for those who are interested in a handmade bench and don't want to buy a ready-made one. Or for those who will rather die than pay (my least favorite expression :)). In my case it's both :)

We will need:

- a pattern;
- thick cardboard, I have cardboard for shoe insoles 2 mm;
- a knife for artwork or a stationery knife;
- white glue, I used white glue for wood, it glues quickly and is very durable;
- acrylic paint: brown and white;
- wax or a candle;
- brown pastel;
- lacquer, I have "Pebeo" matte lacquer;
- a kitchen sponge or sandpaper;
- scissors;
- a brush;
- and, of course, patience :)

So, let's begin!

Make a pattern for the future bench. Using the so-called "pattern" draw the necessary amount of details on cardboard. Cut. I immediately warn you that it will not be easy. Especially if you use a knife. But you can't do without it, so just have patience :)

Now you have to glue every detail and briefly put them under press. Then assemble the bench. Try to glue the details evenly, so you won't have to pull them out. By the way, you can probably use superglue. I didn't think about it..

Well, you can already enjoy the result :)

Let's continue.

Cover the bench with brown paint. I mixed it with white paint in in the ratio of 2/1. Wait for the surface to dry.

To make scuffs apply wax on all the edges and the parts where you want to see these scuffs.

Now apply the second layer of paint – white.

When the paint is dry, wipe the waxed places with a sponge or sandpaper until the brown shows through the layer.

I applied some pastel on the corners and the protruding parts of the bench using a brush.

The final stage is applying multiple layers of lacquer. Wait for each layer to dry, follow the instructions.

That's all :)

If you liked this publication, click the like button :) I will be pleased :)

***Thank you for your attention***