Details Decide Everything, or Making an Art Object of Ordinary Clothes
  • Category: Fashion, Style & Trends
  • Practices: Sewing

A big part of our lifes is in the details, sometimes they put the final point in the formation of our views, opinions, relationships. And sometimes we chase them away, saying, "Well, it's just the details!" as if underlining their insignificance. But not in fashion! The details play solo in this sphere of our lives, turning even the plainest suit into something special.

The details can give an exhibition status to a thing, when it becomes an art object, and only very extraordinary personalities are capable of this load.

I don't know how to wear such things, but I want to share with you more modest details that, in my opinion, add points to everyday and familiar things. All the photos were found on the Internet.

Denim is the most popular and comprehensive base for various interesting things. Even a small accent makes a thing original:

I have many times seen skirts made from jeans, the are many options, but the combination of light fabrics definitely adds charm to them. Suitable accessories will finish the look:

For fans of romantic glamour there are necessary things to turn ordinary clothing into something extraordinary... by adding beads, sequins or delicate embroidery:

You can decorate any shabby sweater with simple ornaments, and it will turn into a beautiful thing:

There are also great opportunities for transformation ordinary things into a romantic originality by adding frills, flounces, panels and basques of different styles:

An originally decorated collar, a button closure on pants, an interesting neckline, slightly changed sleeves and details are working 100% for you:

Pockets are indispensable objects for decoration. There are original options to show an unusual pocket. There are also many ways of pockets decoration: patches in the style of Japanese Boro, appliqués, button decor, embroideries, combining fabrics, unusual tailoring, and even a bag clasp:

Buttons are not just functionality... buttons are a thing! They easily become a part of a decoration and add variety to any outfit:

How to sew a button depends on fantasy so as where to sew it:

Appliques on knits are another original piece of decor. Take ordinary gray sweatshirt, use an eyelet applique and get an original thing:

In addition to an eyelet applique there are also sew-on appliques, which you also should not forget about:

And, of course, embroidery! Different techniques, different plans, different possibilities. It is applicable everywhere from brooches to shoes, striking with its subtlety or creativity:

The technique of Japanese patches and boro stitches create a special charm of the beloved "old things"

Don't forget about the creative direction and the combination of different kinds of items:

Well, all your favorite cats-dogs are able to go with you to the office:

Do not despair if you are not a master of embroidery :) There will always be a simplified version:

Summary: details make our life brighter, more interesting, more original! It is necessary to pay attention to them: