DIY Video: Shoe Box Decoration

Today I want to show three options of shoe boxes decoration. With the help of paint and scrap materials (accessories, tapes and ropes) a box will turn into a stylish storage container!

For "zinc plated" boxes in the Provence style, you will need:

- two shoe boxes;

- art or acrylic primer (at least dilute white acrylic mixed with white glue);

- gray acrylic paint of two shades, lighter and darker (or just add some black paint to light paint, I did so);

- silver acrylic paint;

- a drop of ginger-brown acrylic to simulate rust;

- a small piece of jute rope for the handles;

- two small pieces of coarse linen, burlap or any other fabric with a coarse weave;

- a thin black marker, a gel pen or black paint to paint the lettering on fabric. Special paint for fabric is not needed, we're not going to wash it — you can use acrylic paint.

For "industrial" boxes you will need:

- two shoe boxes;

- a glue gun;

- black paint — I painted with spray paint, it is a little quicker, but you can use acrylic paint;

- a drop of ginger-brown acrylic to simulate rust;

- gold paint for the stencil (you can take other color, for example if you have silver or bronze box handles, you can take a matching paint, or you can just make white letters, it will look nice too)

- 4 box handles and screws for them;

- a wooden ruler or a flat wooden rod — 4 pieces which are slightly larger than the width of your handles (you need a place for the screws, otherwise you will not be able to hold the handles).

Unfortunately, during the shooting I didn't managed to make detailed photos of screwing the handle — you need to make a template for the mounts, as in the first variant, and then make holes for the screws on the box with a thick awl. Then glue a piece of the ruler from the inside and screw the screws into the ruler. In general, the mount depends on what kind of handles you use.

For a set of vintage "suitcases" you will need:

- three flat and wide boxes;

- art or acrylic primer;

- acrylic paint of pastel colors (I have pale turquoise, grey and cream);

- dark tape (I took brown trouser trimming);

- a thin permanent marker, a gel pen or acrylic of gold, sand or other bright color to simulate the sewing lines (optional). It seemed to me more convenient to use an acrylic marker. Another good option is to take a thin correction pen and make a white line, it will be especially beautiful if you also use black tape;

- a metallic contour or a contour for creating pearls (I have Kreuil Perlen Pen). A special contour for creating pearls is certainly better, because you can make very realistic "bronze" rivets. But you can do without it, the low-budget option is to make the "rivets" with a glue gun as in the second variant, and then paint them with acrylic paint.