The Butterfly Effect: Stunning Textile Insects by Heather Everitt

I have been admiring the butterflies since my childhood: let's start with the fact that this is one of the few insect species that does not put me in the primitive horror :) But seriously, the variety of forms and colors, the touching fragility of the wings and the charm of their short life has always attracted me. So now I'm very happy when I come across talented people in the same way as me, inspired by these amazing creatures.

The craftswoman Heather Everitt was born and raised in Derbyshire, UK. The woman admits that working with fabric is in her blood: there were weavers, farmers, and even a royal tailor in her family. But she took a needle and thread by accident: while visiting one of the museums Heather was so impressed by a collection of butterflies that she immediately began to draw them and did not calm down until the sketch turned into a textile insect of great beauty.

In her works Heather Everitt uses pieces of natural silk and organza, which are decorated with machine and hand embroidery, beads and sequins, she makes bodies of wool. As a rule, the size of one such butterfly brooch is 5-10 cm.

I suggest you enjoying these incredible works! All the photos are of a good quality, so you can see all the details by clicking on the image :)

Like, add this publication to your favorites and share your impressions in comments! Thank you for your attention :)