Color Trends of this Fall and Winter

I decided to find out what color is popular this autumn-winter season. It turned out that the versions of various fashion houses and fashion designers vary, but I tried to choose 10 shades which occure more often. It turned out that this season the palette is unusually bright.

Experts explain such a variety with the fact that there are no clear borders about what, how and when you should wear. Self-expression is valued the most. That is why there are delicate yellow and lavender, bright red, orange and other rich colors in the autumn-winter collection.

Some of them have become popular in the autumn for the first time, others returned from the previous year, but most of them are just warm tones.

Top 10 basic colors of autumn-winter 2018

Red pear

In the first place among trendy colors of this season experts put a noble red-brown color. It's a truly autumn shade. It is perfect for shoes, accessories, coats, warm pullovers and sweaters.

Valiant poppy

It is also a warm red range, but not bright. It's a calm, peaceful red color which goes well with other autumn colors.

Foggy blue

Cold "foggy blue" color reminiscents that it is autumn, which is filled with coolness and fog. This mysterious and calm color is one of the few colors which are not garish and bright.

Ceylon yellow

The ceylon yellow color is referred to as a "complex" one. This cheerful color is suitable for those who has bright appearance. Experts advise to complement a basic wardrobe of this color with a trendy accessory, such as a handbag or a strap in a different contrasting color.

Red orange

This color is more often associated with autumn. It is warm and bright, and it goes well with many other colors, not even necessarily from the same warm palette.

Mustard yellow

Experts call a mustard, warm yellow color the main color of the autumn 2018. They note that it is suitable for lovers of Oriental style, boho, and combinations with suede and velour will certainly be a hit.

Quiet grey (m)

Calm grey is a universal color. Although some fashion houses on the contrary prefer its darker, deep tone. Bu it looks good in any shade on shoes, sweaters, dresses, turtlenecks.

A petal of crocus

This delicate and romantic shade with a beautiful name is more suitable for a warm season, but this year it was included in the fall-winter palette. By the way, it was very difficult to choose a photo with this color. In the end, I decided to type "purple" in a search engine and focus on that color.

Tofu

"Tofu" was also a bit unusual word for me. It turns out that this is the so-called "new white" — warm, creamy, soft. Apparently, when you buy yarn sellers call it "milk." One of my favorite colors, as it perfectly fits all and almost everything.

Almond

A beautiful universal color that is close to light beige, well suited for coats and suits. As far as I remember, it was at the height of fashion in the 80s and 90s. And, apparently, it is back again.

In the end I would like to say that trendy colors are very versatile this season. They absorbed all the colors of autumn and most of the colors of the falling leaves, where one can meet such a variety of palettes. But it's good, as it gives us the freedom of imagination and creativity!