The Story of Katy Livings, or the Woman Who Defeated the Disease for the Opportunity to Craft

I think many people unaware of the amazing toys by Katy Livings, which seem to have come from the pages of old English fairy tales, but few people know the hard history of their author. So I want to share a truly remarkable story of this talented craftswoman.

So, Katy... A passion for sewing began at Katy's childhood when she was five. She sewed toys and clothes together with her grandmother. Later, she chose the profession of textile designer, studied at the University of Nottingham. She worked in large and renowned companies in the design of fabrics and garments in the UK and France. However, successful career took all her time and didn't give her opportunities to implement her own ideas. She managed to truly devote herself to creative work only after serious tests in life.

At the end of 2004, Katy had serious health problems, she fought them for 10 years. She couldn't work with her hands. She lost her job, lost the opportunity to create. Her family helped Katy to cope with this difficult test of her life.

After 10 years of struggling and therapy she restored the mobility of the arms, and it was a great event in her life. During this period she realized she was ready to do everything she could to become a creator again. And although Katie continues to be treated and sometimes she has very difficult periods, she continues to work and create unique and cute toys.

Now she works at home. She has her own workshop which is located in a garden. This is a wooden summer house, converted into a place to work with a sewing machine, a vintage table, an ironing board and filled with different fabrics, threads, ribbons, patterns. This is her own little kingdom every woman dreams about. She works in her studio from morning till lunch. After children come home after school, she works in the dining room, finishing and packaging her adorable dolls and preparing for the next day.

"I use my craft as a way to show how much I care about someone," — this is what creativity means for Katy.

When she found out that nurseries of her two kids are full of handmade toys and she didn't have friends or relatives, whom she hadn't gifted her amazing products, she decided to expand the circle of "care" and began to create custom toys for people from all over the world.

Sometimes, when we undergo tests and we don't know how to respond to them — the most important thing is to keep love in your heart! And then this love will find a way in your life.

All the best to you, readers! Take care of yourselves, your loved ones and the world around you!

Dear readers, your feedback and reviews are very important for me! I want to continue looking for the stories of talented people and to delight you with new publications. I wish you all the best, inspiring mood and thank you in advance for your understanding!