Russian Beauty: 45 Fascinating Photos from Maria Lipina

Photos made by Maria Lipina from Perm are like illustrations to Russian folk tales. In these models you can see the lines of Vasilisa the Beautiful, the Frog princess, Elena the Wise, Princess Nesmeyana and Snow White in Russian version... And among them we see impressing Moscow princesses, ladies of the Urals, beauties from the harsh Siberian latitudes, charmers of forests, fields and rivers of our huge Motherland.

"I'm a big fan of everything Russian and old," admits Maria. "I am also fond of handmade: those things about which we can say that they required a lot of work and a lot of soul."

It is noteworthy that in most cases Maria herself creates luxurious kokoshniks and accessories for photo shoots and her mother helps her to sew.

For example, it took two hours just to cover with lace a single petal of the kokoshnik in the photo below!

Maria draws inspiration not only in the Russian tradition, but also in painting. "My favorite artists are Vasnetsov, Makovsky and Waterhouse. I live in Ural, and if you want to understand how I see this place just look at the landscapes by Viktor Vasnetsov. I imagine Crimean landscapes only as Aivazovsky's paintings!"

Besides beautiful girls, in the pictures you can see bears, owls, wolves, and foxes. They are not drawn, they are all live and real! The animals are specially trained and accustomed to the human society. No animal on the set was hurt:)

Pleasant viewing!

Hit the like button, add the publication to your favorites and share your thoughts in comments!

Thank you for your attention :)