A Video DIY Project: Making a Coffee Table Using Wood and Epoxy Resin

I'll show you a step by step video how to make a coffee table out of wood and epoxy resin.
Wood
Should be dense with texture and exotic, but it costs more. I mostly use elm and oak.
Pine and softwood are better not to be used.
A blank must be dry — be dried for a couple of years or better more. It is important!

Tools
Blanks must be aligned with each other. Remove all imperfections, bumps. Put on a perfectly flat surface. I use a spindle moulding machine or a smoothing plane and thicknesser.

Preparation for pouring
Do not use sticky or masking tapes. Make a box for the future countertop. The box should be sealed as the slightest crack or void will leak when pouring epoxy resin. I use greaseproof paper and PVA.
Epoxy resin
There are many resins on the market. I selected Art Massive. This resin appeared recently but is gaining popularity. It freezes longer, about 5 days at a stable room temperature of 20 C. It helps to avoid bubbles. You can select any colour, I use Tex — only blue and green shades.
Pouring
Epoxy resin is mixed according to instructions. Definitely, you need to have a scale in grams. There must be accuracy in proportions.
Stir carefully! Ready liquid should be poured into another glass or container as unmixed components still remain on the walls. Otherwise, you get awful stains!

Undertable
You need an arc welder, metal and hands. Or just use bolts and get the industrial style.
Finish
Finish and polished with different abrasives.

Assembly, installation — and the masterpiece is pleasing to the eye. A whole evening will be spent on telling your guests how you made the coolest table out of epoxy resin, wood and a metal base.
Create masterpieces and share love!