How to Make a Small Flower out of Beads

Today I will show you how to weave and assemble a small flower out of beads. I love such flowers much and they serve as an integral part of my flower necklaces.

I shall say, that I do not reveal the numbers of the shades I use in work. That's my professional secret :) And I'll try to answer all other questions.

So, let's start.

You need:

• 11/0 Japanese beads of five different colours
  • beads, pearls or crystals
  • size 12 beading needle
  • 0.19 mm Japanese fishing-line
  • pliers
  • scissors
  • schemes for petals:

Scheme 1 (weave 10 large petals)

Scheme 2 (weave 5 small petals)

I use the mosaics weaving beginning from the middle of the petal, first the left half, then the right one. Or o use the brick stitch, then the petals get softer and more flexible.

Where to start?
Cut off a piece of line — a little more than a meter. In the middle, fasten a stopping bead. Pick 18 beads.

Pass the thread through the fourth bead from the end.

And weave row 2 adding beads of the corresponding colour one by one according to the scheme.

And Row 3:

After that, add 4 beads to the top.

Pass the needle through the first bead.

And start row 4.

Done.

Begin decreasing:

Pass the thread, tighten and add row 5.

Now weave the top edge of the petal. To do this, pick 2 beads and pass the needle through the last bead of row 5.

Pull the line, tighten and weave row 6.

Continue decreasing bottom. Pass the needle through the last bead of row 6 and tighten.

Begin to weave row 7.

Done.

Add 2 beads to row 7. Tighten. Weave row 8. Then continue decreasing.

Make row 9.

Next, weave row 10.

Weave row 11.

Row 12:

Row 13:

Row 14:

Pass the needle into the last bead of the last row. Tighten.

Fix all beads at the edge together:

And add some more seed beads to make the edge smoother.

Push the line into the petal through 10-12 beads and cut off. Thus one avoids unnecessary knots. Next, remove the stopping bead and weave the other half of the petal exactly the same way as the first one, starting from row 3. At the end, pass the line through the last bottom bead.

And assemble the petals together.

Pass the needle through the lowermost bead of the second petal upward. Tighten.

The photo shows a petal with ragged edges. I'll show this to you some other time.

Pull the two lower beads together:

And then discharged to the line in the lowermost bead of the second petal in the upward direction. Tighten.

Do the same with the rest of the beads at the edges:

And sew the rest of the petals together:

Make two blank and sew them together:

Take small petals, woven according to scheme 2, and make a circle, but leave one edge free.

Now fix all with the line until it becomes hard to pass the needle through beads.

That is what you should get.

Now apply the middle to large petals and sew them together. Don't overdo and try to achieve stiffness.

Now fasten one more petal.

Decorate the heart:

The flower is ready. Admire :)

Thank you all for your attention! Good luck and patience when making your beautiful flowers!