French Knot in a Japanese Way: 3D-Embroidery by Ipnot

Any embroidery is needed, any embroidery is important... No matter how much I've admired various techniques, methods and authors, there's always something new and original! Indeed, human imagination is inexhaustible :)

Today I would like to introduce you to Japanese artist Ipnot. As the girl says, such an unusual nickname comes from her childhood (if you have any ideas what this could mean — please share in comments!). She was a little kid when got acquainted with embroidery — her grandmother loved embroidering at leisure and passed the love of creativity to her granddaughter.

Ipnot's business card is the French knot, 'I use the needle as a paintbrush and apply knot by knot like strokes on canvas — something like a relief painting out of threads comes out".

Her skill, perseverance, and patience can only be applauded because the primary activity of the needlewoman is stunningly realistic rounded brooches. Mostly, they depict all sorts of food :)

Also, the girl is creating portraiture embroidery — her characters come to life, each one is telling its unique story:

But, in my opinion, the most interesting project by Ipnot is 3D-embroidery which is not immediately distinguished from real objects:

Click 'Like', add the post to Favourites and share your impressions in comments! Thank you for attention :)