A DIY on How to Knit a Cap and Sweater for a Teddy

Good afternoon, dear friends! I want to tell and show you today how I knit a sweater and cap for a teddy bear.
You need:

• cotton threads, two colours
  • knitting needle
  • crochet hook
  • scissors
  • ruler
  • measuring tape
  • ribbon
  • buttons
  • the bear

As my mother taught me, first you need to knit a sample to calculate stitches. I cast on 20 stitches and knit about 15 rows. Steam ironed it and measured with the ruler how many centimetres it turned out. Now let's make some calculations. 20 stitches / 6 cm = 3,3 stitches per 1 cm.

Now measure the neckline. Since the neck is short, use the ribbon.

I turned out 7,2 cm

Calculate: 7.2 cm x 3.3 stitches = 23.76 stitches. Round to 24 loops. Now the hard part! 24 stitches – 6 stitches (2 selvedge and 4 stitches for raglan) = 18 stitches. 18 stitches / 3 = 6 stitches. The first six stitches on the back. The second six stitches are divided in half 3+3 – the sleeves. The third six stitches as well divided in half 3+3 — the foreparts. The scheme:
    Cast on 24 stitches, and the first row is knit as if to purl.
    The next row: remove the selvedge stitch, 3 stitches as if to knit, 1 yarn over, 1 knit, 1 yarn over, 3 knit, 1 yarn over, 1 knit, 1 yarn over, 6 knit, 1 yarn over, 1 knit, 1 yarn over, 3 knit, 1 yarn over, 1 knit, 1 yarn over, 3 knit, cast off.
    Slip on the backside as if to purl.
    Then, make yarn-overs from the both sides of the raglan stitch in each knit row.
    Knit until you can join the jacket under the arm.

Then, knit the forepart and the sleeve without yarn-overs. Turn the work and knit in the opposite direction. [/URL
    Knit the sleeve. Try on and cast off when the length is satisfying.

! The thread is not cut off. Crochet the edges of the two parts joining them. The stitches are dropped from the hook into the crochet needle. Crochet the back, then the second sleeve and the second forepart.
    See what you get.

Now knit the bottom of the jacket. Try it on and cast off when the length suits us.
    Crochet the jacket. Remember to make a hole for a button.

That's the ready jacket.
    And now I'll show you how to knit a cap. Measure the circumference of the head. It turned out 19 cm. 19 cm x 3.3 stitches = 62.7 stitches. Round up to 63 stitches. Cast on and knit as much as you need.
    Cast off and sew the back seam.

Fold the cap to sew the top:

The cap is ready!

Decorate it with a flower and a button. And admire!!!

I hope you like the DIY. If you have questions, write me, I will try to answer them.
    Yours,
    Olya