Creating Christmas Snowflake and Tree Toys out of Concrete

I represent you a simple and low budget tutorial in concrete casting. You can use this technique to create decorative figurines for further decoration, decoupage and painting. Concrete withstands any temperature and can be applied outside.

You need the following materials:

• decorative boxes for gifts in the shape of snowflakes and Christmas trees, of metal or cardboard
  • for fixture: concrete bag 2 kg, dry sand, water, container for mixing, oil or solid oil;
  • for decoration: Christmas napkins, acrylic paint, PVA glue, coating, stencils, paint brushes, sponge, cloth, acrylic varnish

1. Make the concrete mix. Oil up the boxes.

2. How to mix.

1 part of cement + 2 parts of sand = mix all
The mix + a little water in small portions + intensely stir = until the mass is similar to very sick soup puree
Pour the mixture in boxes and make them 'vibrate' to remove all air bubbles. Leave 1 cm from the edge to easier take out the blank from the mold. Let dry on a flat surface for 1-2 days.

2. Remove and sand.

3. Prime.

Sand again.

Paint in winter colours :)

Dry again and sand again, get a play of colours...

Paint where necessary, dry, apply silver paint. Decorate the backside with the decoupage technique.

Cut out a piece of a napkin. Apply much PVA glue mixed with acrylic varnish in equal proportions.

Paint the edges...

Apply some pattern:

And stamp some snowflake twigs:

Here is a minimalistic item:

The edges are covered with silver:

Christmas trees are minimalistic, too:

Totally, I made a candle holder, two Christmas trees and a coaster.

Thank you all for viewing my DIY! And thank you for likes :)