One Simple and Practical DIY: Sewing a Bed Sheet with Elastic

Sleeping in a comfortable and beautiful bed is a great pleasure! To sleep tight, make your bed comfortable. And elastic around the edge of a sheet would be a perfect experience! A sheet won't move anywhere any more.

So take^

- 100% cotton of satin weave

- elastic

- scissors

- pins

- thread

- chalk

- and measuring tape

Cut the cotton:
One side:
120 cm + 30 cm (the height of my mattress) + 16 cm (to fold it under the mattress, 8 cm*2 from two sides) + 6 cm (allowance) = 172 cm
+
Another side:

60 cm (mattress width) + 30 cm (mattress height 15 cm*2) + 16 cm (to fold the sheet under the mattress at 8 cm *2) + 6 cm (allowance 3 cm*2) = 112 cm

Fold the rectangle in half face inward. And fold in half again. Carefully look that all the edges and corners are perfectly one on another.

Mark the middle at the longest side, 120 cm/2= 60 cm.

Mark the middle at the shortest side, 60 cm/2= 30 cm.

There should remain by 26 cm from the marks to the edge (15 cm the mattress height + 8 cm for folding + 3 cm allowance).

Draw a square with sides of 26cm, step 1.5 cm from the lines and draw other lines.

Cut out the square:

Open the blank and process the corners. Put the corners together with undersides facing each other.

Stitch at 0.7 cm from the edge.

Iron steam the stitch — this treatment should be done after each step.

Iron the allowance.

Next, fold the fabric face to face, straighten the seam, slightly iron.

Stitch at 0.8 cm from the edge and steam again.

Iron the seam to one side, turn it outside in and see what comes out:

Do the same with the remaining three corners.

Now, when all is ready, process the cuts. Iron a double allowance with a width of 1.5 cm to the wrong side around the perimeter.

Prepare the elastic. Mine was 1 cm width and I passed it through all width + 1/3 of each long side.

Mark 40 cm from each corner on the long sides.

Put the band at 1.5-2 cm behind the mark, stitch perpendicularly to the edge, pin the elastic because this is the place of maximum tension.

Now, as you move the machine stitching, pull the elastic.

When you come to the next symmetric mark, repeat the steps.

The result is a neat and, most importantly, comfortable sheet!

I really hope that everything was clear, and you'll like your new comfortable sheets!

I wish you success and inspiration!