My Kitchen Workshop: Organizing Compact Working Space

Many knitters are fond of looking through photos of how others' workplaces are organized, and I am not an exception. It's awesome when there is a separate workshop or room where everything is at hand and the process may be paused by just closing the door... But the place has to be often found somewhere else in your house or apartment — and many are sighing and secretly cherishing the dream of a floodlit and comfortable atelier.

Upon reflection, I understood that I may wait for such an atelier appear for a long time, so I needed to act without delay. Now I invite you to look into my kitchen, a part of my workshop. The kitchen is 15 square meters, so a little place for my hamster-like supplies has been found. As I am a mother of a little tomboy, I can do my things while the child is asleep or is enthusiastically busy with something, so my main task to quickly take out what I need and then hide it from the baby's little hands and prying eyes has been solved!

Before the birth of my son, I was painting neckerchiefs and shawls in the cold batik technique, but the baby made some changes, and now I'm into manual printing, textiles, notebooks and jewellery. My kitchen shelf is filled with separate boxes and containers inside. I can't imagine how I would have managed without such favourite IKEA pieces of furniture, boxes and containers that do help me with storage and cause no damage to the overall kitchen appearance! :)

Most of my materials are in this rack:

A corner sofa with a storage section is a real godsend for me:

I call it a hamster's chest :)

It's very roomy and allows to quickly remove all or get a half-made workpiece.

A convenient dining table is my desk for sewing, cutting, assembling jewelry. The table is compact and easily transformered:

The ironing board is at hand, too, when I sew textile vanity and pillow cases, bow ties:

And a general photo of the kitchen. Thank you for paying me a visit, I hope it was interesting and useful!